10

we are now back to our regularly scheduled program of jughead narrating

all of the boys had clocked out on the couches due to their constant drinking. archie was shirtless, reggie was pantless, and kevin was only in his briefs. i guess i should be thankful i wear many layers or i would be in kevin's place as well. i was only stripped down to my black tanktop, still wearing my jeans.

my eyes turn towards archie who was snoring lightly with a beer steadily keeping its balance in his loose grip. i walk over and attempt to slide the can out. he tightens the grip, startling me.

"leave it." he told me, his voice stern. "i want to finish it." archie brings it to his lips but completely misses and opens his eyes when the liquid drips down his chest.

i couldn't help but stare; i watch the drop travel to his hip then disappear in his dark colored jeans. man i wish i could be that drop. i lick my lips when he closes his eyes again, standing straight up. i only admire his built figure, his beauty marks, his freckles that gathered all on his nose. i gape at the rosey cheeks and the pink lips. his body was a whole 'nother galaxy and i was the curious astronaut who wanted nothing else but to explore.

"jughead." archie opens an eye and shakes his head. "you're staring."

i blush and rub my arm. "well i'm trying not to. it's just so hard to walk away from such a perfectly painted picture, y'know?"

archie chuckles. "yea i know."

"oh really? how?" i ask with an eager tone.

"walk with me upstairs and i tell you some more about art work."

i crouch down to pull him up by his waist, causing him to set down the can and hold himself up. his arm around my neck, the two of us slowly but surely got upstairs to his room. he flops on his bed, the goofy smile going to his face.

"artwork." he starts off, mocking an artist painting a picture. "my favorite pieces are the ones that may not show much, but have such a deeper meaning behind them. the ones that have not many colors, but many emotions." his words were slurring but he kept going, his hand reaching for mine. i look at it and hesitantly grab it. "jughead that's why you interest me so much. you don't show much color or emotion on the outside but like my favorite kind of paintings, you are a pretty sky at dawn. you have a positive aura surrounding you and you've made me an extremely happy observer because of the simple yet poetic art you've put yourself into. i know i sound incredibly gay and i said i wasn't but i am. i'm just scared is all jughead." he rubs his thumb across the back of my hand and pulls me down to sit beside him on his bed. "i hate to be judged. i want to be the perfect boy. i want to please everyone in the best way i can, but," he puts his hand over his eyes and frowns. "i don't think i can do that. i don't think i can be perfection when i'm not truly happy and hiding." the boy's voice was evidently cracking and you could hear the sadness in his voice. "i know i'm drunk and i should probably sleep but i'm sorry for being a dick, jug. i truly don't want to lose you. i don't want to stare at other paintings that everyone else stares at." he removes the hand from his face and squeezes mine lightly with the other. "i want to stare at my monochromatic painting with a twist."

taking a deep breath, i cup his cheek which causes him to rest on his elbow. i wipe his tears with my thumb and shake my head. "i am only a painting for your eyes, arch. your eyes and your eyes only." he smiles sweetly. "your drunk talking are the sober thoughts. i know how you feel and i want you to know you're not alone. i-i want you to know how much i truly care for you."

"then kiss me, jughead." he responds, his amber eyes following wherever my green ones lead. they stop at his lips and his eyes stop at mine.

i lean in and press lightly on his lips, the kiss planting perfectly. though his breath consists of beer and pizza, his energy contains heart and honesty. this time i figured i should pull some moves so i brush my fingers lightly through his fiery locks, tugging slightly at the roots. he in return, slid my hat off and did the same. his grip was a bit harsher, which caused a moan to escape from my lips. he pulls me onto his lap, which causes me to grind my hips down slowly. although my mind was trying to focus on the now, it always shifted back to the past.

"well, it's not just that i feel guilty, jug.

i feel incredibly wrong and i feel unclear.

everything is cloudy, and i really can't see the end of the road.

i can't see any set future with you."

pulling away from the kiss, i play it off with another peck. "maybe we should continue this another time; when you're sober."

archie nods and falls on his back. "yea i was thinkin' the same thing, sweetheart. although i do like you in the position, i want to really feel ya." he winks and closes his eyes, the grip on my waist loosening.

i nod to myself and get off, trying to get room beside him. i pout when i see it's an impossible task and get completely off the bed.

"go to my old man's room, we'll see each other in the morning, edward cullen." he jokes, pulling his jeans off and his blanket over him.

"alright, jacob black. don't wet the bed tonight."

"no promises."

a/n: its ya boy, im super sleepy gn xx