Chapter 29: Bre

I kept popping my peas with the tines of  my fork. Mom must of noticed, because she cleared her throat. "Mom, dad," I suddenly squeaked. "I have something to ask you..."

"Sure, sweetheart, what is it," dad asked.

"I-I was wondering... I'd like to go on a little trip."

"A trip?"

"Yeah."

"To where?"

"San Francisco."

"San Francisco!"

"Yes, by bus... Tomorrow..."

"What?"

They were confused, but I didn't give up. "It'll just be a little hoo-rah before I start college."

"What about your job?"

"They like me enough they'll take me back whenever."

"Bre, I don't think this is a great idea..."

"Mom, please. All I'm asking is that you both just let me do this. Please."

They looked at each other, unsure. Finally, dad broke the silence. "It's ok with me."

Mom still was unsure. "You're going by yourself?"

I nodded. "I'll be fine."

She sighed. "Well, alright. Just don't do anything stupid."

"I won't," I reassured her.

"Thank you guys!"

I was be excited as I cleared my place. I sent Kirk a text telling him the news. Oh, sweetheart, I'm so happy! I'll pick you up tomorrow?

I hadn't thought of that... Yes, I wrote back. They'll be at work, so everything should go smoothly.

We chatted for a bit more, and then I told him goodnight. I actually started packing, throwing everything I needed into my main bag.

I'm sure my parents would be wondering why I was taking almost all of my stuff. Oh well, I'd deal with it as I went along.