Our First Date

Chapter Two: Our First Date

I have been seeing Blake three times a week for almost a month. But I knew he wouldn't be injured forever. Eventually he would go on with a healthy miniscus living out his amazing NBA lifestyle. Although, it was great getting to know him while it lasted, I didn't expect our "relationship" would last after this.

But for now, he's still here and that's all that mattered.

"Hey, so I've been thinking about something," Blake said while hopping on to the table waiting for me to stretch him out.

"Yeah, what's that" I asked leaning on the counter trying to fill out his chart.

"This might be one of the last times you'll be stretching me out." I looked up at him from my clipboard.

"And I can't thank you enough for all your help. I thought I'd be unable to play pre-season after my surgery... But uh," he chuckled "Well, you fixed me," he gave me the widest smile I may have ever encountered.

"Hey we'll don't worry about it. I'm just going my job." I said approaching the table where Blake was sitting.

"No, Kenzy I'm serious. I don't know what I would've done without you," Blake said in a dramatic tone.

I knew he was joking around, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed that this could be the last time I see him. So I decided to change the subject.

"Anyways, back to this knee," I said as I went to touch him.

"Damn girl, your hands are cold!" Blake said.

"I'm sorry," I said pulling my hands away.

"No it feels-" he paused, "It feels good," he winked at me.

"Okay, weirdo!" I said as I laid him on his back and began stretching him out.

Later, I saw him gathering his things before he left. Even though it was my last day as his athletic trainer, I was content with the way things went.

"Hey Kenzy, I'm heading out," Blake said standing really close to me.

"Oh, well I'll walk with you." I said backing up.

As soon as we reached my car, he opened the drivers door for me.

"Su tan cabellero," I said in Spanish while smiling at him.

"Huh?" he asked confused.

"I said your such a gentlemen."

"Oh well, gracias," he paused, "for everything."

"De nada," I said, "for everything." We stood there quietly until I said, "Well I gotta go" I said getting closer to my car.

"Well I'll see you later, maybe," he said then smirked and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a whole week since I had seen Blake. And everything was back to normal again, however it was made worse because Joe and the rest of my colleagues kept talking about it.

"So, Kenzy Where's Prince Charming?" my co-worker Paige said.

"Shhh, don't bring that up in front of her. You know she hasn't heard from him in over a week!" Joe whispered to Paige as if I couldn't hear him.

"Joe, you know I can hear you! And if you're referring to Blake, he's probably out playing basketball somewhere, since his knee is done being rehabbed... I know he's not thinking about me." I said looking down at my clipboard.

"Aww, Kenzy I'm sure he is thinking about you." Paige said trying to comfort me by rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah, it was obvious he had a thing for you. And we know you liked him so just admit it." Joe said.