20.) Is it too late now to say sorry?

I don't remember my bed being so limited in space. I stretched my legs and yawned. When I finally opened my eyes I saw Kiah in my face and Valencia at my feet.

"What the hell." I have no clue how we got home or when we got home, but I do know my stomach was growling and my head was pounding. Remind me to never drink with those two ever again.

The house was quiet, no Kyra limping around with a heavy casted leg. No sound of my mama's heels clicking across the floor. It was total silence, well if you exclude Kiah's snoring.

I looked around and found my phone. That was plugged in on my nightstand. I picked it up hoping I got a call from my mama or Kyra. With no suck luck, I was just about to put it down when it started ringing.

"Yes?" I answered and pressed it to my ear.

"What you on today?" He asked in sleep coated voice.

"Nothing," I mumbled as I switched my phone to the other ear and walked out of my room. I know Valencia is a light sleeper and Kiah likes to eavesdrop in her sleep. I headed down the stairs and stepped into the kitchen to grab some water.

I had to be strong right now, I wasn't going to keep playing these games with him. He can't just keep telling me to stay away yet keep coming around.

"Why are you even calling me right now? We ain't cool." I sassed him as I opened my bottle of water. Maybe if I'm mean enough he'll want to stay away.

"Just because I don't want us to be together don't mean we can't be homies." He said nonchalantly.

"Does it really?" I asked skeptically. It would be impossible to hang out with your crush who would only ever be your crush and not catch more feelings.

"Bri—why we can't just chill?"

"It's not safe around you remember?" I said using his words against him. He can't just bounce in and out of my life at his leisure. I won't allow it.

"You at home?"

"No." I lied through my teeth. I didn't want to see him.

"Stop lyin'. I took you and yo lil delinquent ass friends home last night."

"Ouuu using our big boy words now are we?" I laughed harder than I intended. "And my friends are not delinquents—your friends on the other hand are."

"All my friends are scholars."

"In what? Trap-ology?" I laughed again.

"That's fucked up." He said with that throaty chuckle of his. "Come open the door."

"Brandon you cannot—"

I said looking through the white sheer curtains. Before long there was knocking, well banging at the door. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone as I went to open it.

He stepped in wearing black sweats and a black hoodie. He had to be out of his damn mind. It was hot as hell out and he had on these heat-absorbing colors.

"Wassup?" He said coming to hug me.

"Well—I was minding my business until this uninvited ass guest showed up." I teased him.

"Shut up. If I ain't just pop up I wouldn't have been able to see you."

"True enough." I shrugged. He isn't supposed to be here, especially now that my parents know he exists.

"Did you eat?" He asked leaning on the counter. I shook my head and began biting my nails as he folded his arms. He looked so comfortable as he sat on a stool.