watching sun rays dance on the grey concrete of U st.

bittersweet is the way I'd describe my summer brimming with watercolor skies and humid days that make one just want to engulf themselves in ocean water cos only then will relief come. bittersweet, ah yes, because of one reason and one reason only:

my childhood is coming to an end.

 rattling questions like "where are you planning to attend college?" or "what are you going to be studying?" or even "a writer, really?" ring in my head! and patronizing white faces asking those questions are glued onto the walls of my withering memory. I cannot help thinking the change creeping up onto my maturing horizon is not meant for me - though the knots in my chest will untangle one day, I know. it'll be alright I know it will.

I know it for sure on the sweet core of summer's dwindling fruit.

moments of sheer euphoria in which I get lost in the hidden nirvana of a women's art museum, when each laugh of mine rids a breath of sorrow stuck in my lungs, when I'm with somebody whose aura is nothing but love and warmth!

sweet, o sweet magic of a friendship destined to prosper. our collective beaming smiles in a still exhibit made us forget the world and stop the running fountain of time. our own 4th dimension, perhaps

I wish to visit once more someday when this glimmer of hope, this tinge of liberation, embraces my heart

finally! I feel parts of myself returning to my empty body!

up until now, I had forgotten my heart my brain even my soul could feel such elation that's smoother - thicker - than honey

elation that won't expire

memories that I will keep in the cupboard as a sweet treat for later cos for now my friend will be gone. off to a new chapter in what's going to be a life full of wonder and adventure! oh, how I adore her. I will forever cherish the presence she has in this rotating planet. one day, I will meet her in the French countryside in our golden years.

meanwhile, I will prepare to finish high school ("later" came way sooner than I thought, what happened to my youth?) and bid farewell to best friends, my city full of coffeehouses and colorful townhouses. 

I will prepare to let go of my childhood tenderly. 

bittersweet is summer 2017 in the city. I'd be lying if I said it did not frighten me to the core, though the purity of the season won't rot. for in my dreams I will be jumping into shades of red to the indelible melody of This Charming Man!

-

a/n: I am doing sorta okay for once :~) I wrote this kinda for a friend but also for the bright future ahead, hopefully I will embrace it. I have a bigger clue on where I wanna attend college and I'm coming to terms with the fact that school starts for me on the 21st lol. I hope you are safe n well!! <3