Chapter 1- SOMETHING DEEPER

Jared's POV

It's another quiet afternoon in Reedem - maybe too quiet. I relax on the porch steps of gazebo in the royal garden listening to the song of the trees.
"Jared!" I hear my name and see Lily making her way to where I'm at.
We've been friends for years and moved into the palace when her father died two months ago,"I've been looking for you."

" Did I do something wrong?"

" No silly."
She sits beside me and closes her eyes while resting her head on my shoulder and humming to the song of the trees till her breath evens and I realise that she's asleep. I see why Father's afraid I'll marry Lily. She's beautiful, her blond hair so long it grazes her hip and her blue eyes that can turn a person inside out.
It only takes a few minutes till I hear,"Prince Jared!" This time the call if from Louise, my father's most trusted servant.
"Louise, is everything alright?" I ask the panting man as he skids to a halt in front of me.

"Your mother-"

I tense at his words and Lily wakes up probably feeling the tension,"What's going on?" She asks and I jerk her by her wrist that she staggers with every step while I walk as fast as lightening to Mother's chambers. She's been sick for so long and is the only reason Father hasn't forced me to marry Sira yet. My 'betrothed'.UGH.

We enter Mother's chambers and my father, King Reuben and brother, Ashford are already there. I leave Lily's side at the doorpost to stand beside Ash at the foot of the bed while father is clutching mother's hand as though to give it the warmth it lacked.
"Jared, Ashford, Reuben - my love." Tears pour from my eyes while listening to my mother speak before her hand become limp in father's. Queen Zipporah is gone.

Lily's POV

It was different when my father died. He never loved me.

Ash and Reuben are gone and I watch Jared cover the queen's face with the duvet before he comes to me and a sob escapes my throat.

" Don't do that." He says softly and cups my face in his palms , " Be strong for me."

And I am, so, I don't cry but I notice something wrong in his eyes except for sadness.

Something deeper...

Hello readers I hope you're enjoying this because this book is too good to miss. It's my first book so please vote or leave comments. THANKS

FYI it's already complete in hardcopy