Chapter 3

Three years went by in a flash for Damon. He's turning thirteen today. The same routine happened everyday with only slight bumps here and there after the first day that he arrived in this world.

The only changes was that Liam started talking and his father and mother also started talking to them after a kidnapping event two years back.

He thought about a lot of things in those years such has how he got here and what he was supposed to do, but he just went on with life.

On his thirteenth birthday, was the day his routine of lessons changed. He requested that he had today as a freeday from his father.

To his surprise, his father agreed and was even leting him go out into the central town. His brother begged to go along, but his parents were still paranoid of them being kidnapped.

The only reason he was allowed go was because he could defeat his teacher in sword fighting and mastered his magic enough to be able to protect himself unlike two years ago.

Liam was still practicing. He has improved, but still not enough.

----time skip----

Damon arrived in the town around two, dressed as a commoner to explore. He was amazing with the new environment. The sad thing is, before he even got to explore five minutes of the town, the sound of wood hitting skin entered his ears.

He usually would just call someone from the hidden bodyguards to come out and help, but a feeling in his gut told him he should do it himself.

Damon rushed to where the sound was coming from and saw a group of kids about his age dressed up in noble clothing beat up a little boy around eleven that already had bruises all over his body.

They sneered and made the boy into a target of beating.

Damon suddenly felt a fire being ignited in him. So much anger that he have never felt before appeared. He could usually maintain a calm, composed outward appearance, but somehow he couldn't now. With a snap of his finger, three bodies of black appeared by his side.

"Stop them," was said in such a cold voice that shudders ran down the back of the black bodies. They broke into cold sweat.

The noble kids were quickly pinned down and tied up. Damon appeared as if he was the devil himself and walked towards the little body that was curled into a ball.

The little boy felt the beating stop and peeked through his bangs to see Damon in his devil mode. He quickly hid again and began to shiver.

Damon's eyes softened, and snapped his finger again. Another body in black appeared by his side.

"Blanket," he ordered. The black body dissapeared and reappeared with a blanket in hand.

Damon carefully knelt down by the little boy, and tried to sooth him. 

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just trying to help."

The boy seemed to call down a bit. The shivering also lessened, but still whimpered when the blanket wrapped around his body.

"It's okay."

Damon tried calming the boy down again. The boy raised his head once more. Soft blue eyes met golden eyes.

Damon stared into the soft blue eyes of the boy in a daze. Only the cough from one of his bodyguards did he snap out of it.

Damon picked the wrapped up boy into his arms bridle style, whispering calming nonsense into his ear. Only when Damon deemed him calm enough did he turn around to face the bodyguard that coughed.

The others had long disappeared into the shadows leaving the tied up noble kids on the ground.

"Master what do we do with them?"

Some of the bunch was smart and kept their mouth shut, but some others weren't as smart.

"Listen you commoner, my father is baron west, so you better let me go if you want to live to see another day!"

Damon kicked the guy that started yelling and he flew five feet.

"Just drop them in front of their houses," Damon turned towards the bodyguards, then turned towards the nobles with a glare that could freeze hell. "Listen here, you trash can't be compared with me. If I wanted you dead, you would be, so count yourselves lucky that I have something important to attend to."

When everyone left, Damon started walking with the boy rested in his arms. He felt him shift every once in a while, but never struggled out of his hold. He walked towards a small house that was owned by the Chimera family in town.

He walked straight in. There is a barrier that doesn't let anyone, but the Chimera family inside.

He continued upstairs and settled the boy onto a bed. The boy haven't talked at all since the beginning. He gently started to treat the wounds. The boy sat quietly through the whole ordeal.

When Damon finished, he looked the boy in the eyes and asked, "Are you okay?"

The boy shook his head and said in a broken voice, "I want to go home."

Damon heart ached for the boy. He wish that he had arrived sooner, so he wouldn't have gotten hurt. "Where's your home? I'll take you."

The boy just shook his head, stood up and walked out the door. Damon didn't stop him, only wishing that they could meet again. He didn't know it would be another 2 years before they met again.

Damon went home with a heavy heart. He didn't even want to explore the town anymore after that episode.

A few days later the parents of the noble kids that Damon met came to their doorstep and apologized for their kid's mistakes.

Saying how they didn't know who he was at the time and was deeply sorry for their children's misbehavior.

With another small bump in the routine, the routine went back to how it was before.

But there's bound to be other bumps later on.