Define complicated

Stiles walked out of his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"There you are." Derek said from Stiles' computer chair.

"Shit, Derek." Stiles swore.

"Wrong one." Derek said from the corner near Stiles' bedroom window.

"Damn it." Stiles jumped. "What are you two doing here?" Stiles huffed looking between the brothers.

"Gage was insistent on making sure you were okay." Derek answered crossing his arms.

Stiles looked over at Gage with a frown. "Why?"

"Because, you looked pretty upset when you left." Gage answered standing from the desk chair.

"I told you I was fine." Stiles shrugged.

Gage grabbed Stiles' chin and lifted.

"You might be able to get away with lying to my brother but you can't lie to me." Gage growled.

Stiles raised his brow at Gage before glancing at Derek. Derek looked tense but didn't say anything.

"So you gonna tell us about Theo?" Gage asked letting go of Stiles.

"Nothing to say." Stiles shook his head.

"Right because it's a totally natural reaction to yell at someone you haven't seen in years and then storm out." Gage rolled his eyes.

"Why do you care?" Stiles frowned.

"Because, I like you Stiles and both Lydia and Scott said to just give you space even Derek didn't want to bother you but Theo wasn't just a friend. He was more, wasn't he?" Gage asked.

Stiles clenched his jaw. "How'd you know that?"

"Scott and Lydia didn't seem to take it as hard." Gage answered.

"Well now we know who the smarter brother is." Stiles quipped as he grabbed a shirt from his dresser and pulled it on.

"So how long were you two together?" Gage asked.

Stiles pulled on a pair of underwear under his towel. "A little over a year."

"And he just left?" Gage raised a brow.

"We were supposed to meet for our weekly Thursday night date. He never showed. I waited for almost two hours. I called him and text him. He didn't answer. I stopped by his house but no one was home. I never heard from him again." Stiles pulled on a pair of sweatpants.

"You don't believe him about being bit?" Derek asked.

"Maybe it is true but why come back here after all this time? Why not call or send a letter trying to explain himself? It doesn't add up." Stiles shook his head.

"And you say I have trust issues." Derek scoffed.

"I don't trust people I don't know. I trust the pack; hell I trust you." Stiles gestured to Derek.

Derek huffed in response.

"Look, maybe you should give Theo a chance. Can you honestly say you would have believed him if he told you the truth about being bit?" Gage asked.

"I believed Scott. I helped him through it. I'm literally the only human in a pack of werewolves." Stiles threw his hands up in the air.

Gage grabbed Stiles' hand. "I get that you're hurt but maybe give him a chance?"

Stiles looked down at his hand in Gage's.

"He left without a word, just up and disappears. That doesn't sit well with me." Stiles growled tossing a glare towards Derek.

"Okay, you talked to him can we go now?" Derek huffed in irritation.

"I know how to get home. You go ahead." Gage answered turning to his brother as he released Stiles.

"You're staying?" Stiles frowned at Gage.

"For little while, if that's alright." Gage nodded.

"Uh, yeah, sure." Stiles shrugged.

Gage smiled at Stiles.

Derek raised his brow and looked between the two of them.

"Fine." Derek sighed as he climbed back through Stiles' window.

"You and my brother don't get along much do you?" Gage asked once Derek was gone.

"Derek and I have a complicated relationship." Stiles shrugged.

"Define complicated." Gage frowned.

Stiles laid back on his bed. "He doesn't trust me for one and he up and disappeared a few months back without a word then all of a sudden returns to warn us of some hunter who's after Scott. I honestly expected him to take off again after we handled Gerard." Stiles sighed.

"You know Derek is a very private person, always has been but he's told me a lot about the pack. He considers all of you family. He thought he was doing the right thing by leaving. I know cause he was with me." Gage said.

"He was with you?" Stiles frowned sitting up.

"There are a lot of people who respected our mother but that doesn't mean they respect Derek. He knew there would be pack's that wanted the Hale pack gone for good. He hoped that leaving would take the danger with him. It didn't." Gage explained.

"You really care for my brother don't you?" Gage cocked a brow.

"He's the alpha, we've been through a lot together." Stiles shrugged with a frown.

"He's lucky to have such loyalty from someone that's not even his beta." Gage smiled. "I hope to gain that kind of trust and loyalty as well."

"Well you are his twin brother so the chances are pretty high." Stiles chuckled.

"Speaking of, when are you going to learn how to tell us apart? Derek says you're the smart one." Gage smirked.

Stiles laughed. "Well if you smile all the time I'll know it's you."

Gage chuckled. "Derek's always been the broody one."

Stiles smiled at Gage. He looked exactly like Derek but he was a less tense, happier version. He couldn't imagine Derek being this relaxed.

*AN*
Another update for you. Hope you liked it.