kiss the hurt away

Death looked around him as he backed up. The house was crowded with the Papyruses and sanses of all the au's. There was very little room. He felt like he was going to explode. He would be with Error, but Blueberry had pulled Error into the center of the crowd. One thing was for certain, Death was not going into there. If one wrong move, he could accidentally touch and kill one of his friends. One small trip, a small step, a small twitch, a laugh, anything! And he would kill them.

Death looked into the crowd to see everyone having a grand old time. Even his brother, Grim, had joined the mix. He was careful to not touch a soul. But Death wasn't as careful. He wish he was but he just wasn't. He remembers accidentally falling on Frisk, killing them until they did a save. This wasn't the same as a save and load. This was the multi-void. Who knows how a death in this works!

Death slowly inches himself into the kitchen. Once alone he let out a loud sigh. He leaned against the cabinets. Letting his head fall forward. Why did he have to be death? It wasn't fair he didn't get to be like the other Sanses. He didn't get to have fun, be carefree, without lethal effects.

"ArE yoU oKaY, DeATh?"

Error had been kidnapped once again by Blueberry. The irony didn't pass by Error. He had been closed in on himself as he talked with the others. After all this time, he was still nervous around them. It wasn't their fault, it was their counterparts. That didn't stop him from tensing up with them so close.

He had been talking to Fresh, (he wasn't comfortable around him but he knew to get over his fear for Fresh, would be to talk to him) when he saw Death shimmy to the kitchen. Normally Error would ignore it, but something in him told him to check up on the smaller skeleton. He turned and walked off, not saying a word.

Death had his head down, his breathing was fast and shallow. Error felt his 'eyebrows' scrunch up, worried.

Death looked up at Error when he heard Error's voice, his eyes wide in shock. He probably didn't suspect Error to follow him. Death looked like he was about to collapse in on himself.

Death felt himself move closer to Error. It was like a magnet, pushing him towards Error. He continued on, until him and Error stood two feet away. Error had came to check up on him. Death felt his soul pulse.

"I'm fine."

Error raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. He didn't believe that for a second. Neither did Death. "ThE TRutH?"

"I..." Death tried to speak, however he couldn't. Death looked away from Error. Death rarely got to talk about this. His brother never truly understood. He didn't share the same fears as Death.

"DeAtH, TeLl mE." Error said. Death had been there for him through the months he had been here. However, Death himself has demons he didn't want to face. It was Errors turn to be there for Death.

"There are people out there..." Death said as he looked up at Error. Error frowned, confused.

"AnD?" Error asked.

Death wanted to scream. No one would get it. No one would, not even Grim. So why did he expect Error to understa-

"YoU'Re aFRaiD YOu MiGHt  ToUcH THeM?"

Death looked up at Error. He felt shock enter him. He found himself slowly nodding his head before looking away. Death wish he was different. He wished he wasn't born as the reaper.

Error frowned as he watched Death. He looked so sad and broken. As if he knew he couldn't do anything without the chance of death. Error knew that feeling, that helpless and hopeless feeling. He didn't like Death feeling the same.