Chapter Thirty-Four: The Realization

Chapter 34: The Realization

Ryan's POV:

"Where are we going?" Lynsey asked from the passenger seat of my car.

I looked down at out interlocked fingers in the center console quickly before looking back at the road, smiling. "It's a surprise."

Her hand fidgeted in mine as she looked out the window at the blur of green from the trees. "Okay."

A new song came on the radio and Lynsey started mouthing the words to the soft music playing. I took my hand from hers, making her head turn sharply towards me at the loss of connection, and turned up the sound before grabbing her hand again. I looked over and smiled. We stopped at a red light and I looked over at Lynsey once again, who was still mouthing the words to the tune.

"You know you can actually sing right?" I said, "I don't mind."

"Oh no. It's fine. I'd prefer to not make my date's ears bleed." she giggled.

"What? If I remember correctly I've heard a lot of people say you have an amazing voice." I looked at her rosy cheeks, "Please sing for me."

"The light's green." she said, nodding at the windshield.

I looked forward and let off the brake, "Please sing for me." I repeated.

Lynsey sighed, "Fine."

She sang quietly, basically to herself, and only got a little louder when I encouraged her too. Bit by bit, until she was really singing audibly, giggling every once and a while from what I'm guessing was embarrassment. When the song finished she fell back onto her seat and looked up at the ceiling.

"Make my ears bleed my ass." I whispered. Her voice was amazing, it just flowed from her, looking and sounding like it gave her no trouble at all to sound that magnificent. Even the extremely long, extremely high note she sang with ease. She amazes me everyday.

***

"Ryan, we've been driving for like an hour, it's five o'clock." Lynsey looked over at me, her feet now up on the dashboard.

"We are almost there. Patience." I laughed as I looked both ways and took a left.

She threw her head back onto the chair and played with my fingers. Five minutes later we arrived.

"Here we are." I got out of the car and went over to Lynsey's side, opening the door and taking her hand. I locked my car as we began to walk towards the oddly shaped building.

"The Chatterbox?" Lynsey looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep. You're going to love it." I told her as we entered.

"Two." I said as the hostess got our menus and led us to our table.

"Your server will be here in a minute." she said and walked away.

Lynsey was looking around the whole room before focusing back to me, "This is so cool."

I laughed, "Worth the drive?"

She nodded, "Totally." Her eyes reared from mine and she looked around a little more.

I shook my head, I knew she'd love this place.

A perky, auburn haired waitress came over to our table and introduced herself as Elaina before asking for our drink orders.

"Two chocolate milkshakes please." I said to our overly smiley waitress.

"Coming right up." Elaina said as she skipped away.

"The milkshakes here are amazing." I said to Lynsey, who had a huge smile on her face.