two

It wasn't worth it. After Danny told them the fake horror story, the only room he hadn't shown them was the other bathroom.

The group of friends had all unpacked their things and were sat on the small area of sand in front the beach, just as it was beginning to get dark outside.

"Y'know," Cameron began, throwing his arm around Heather's shoulder. "I told Heather and Danny about this earlier..."
Kelly turned to face him. "About what?"
Danny chuckled. "It's this game that Cameron, Lisa and I played when we were in 3rd grade."

Lisa's eyes lit up. "No way!"
Cameron laughed. "Yes way! Murder in the dark!"
Lisa giggled and clapped. "That was a good game - I miss that game."

"Well," Danny brushed his fingers through his hair. "how about we bring it back!"
"Seriously?!" Lisa exclaimed.

Lucas chuckled. "You guys wanna fill Nathan, Kelly and I in on this?"
Cameron turned to Lucas. "Murder in the dark is this game where you're given a certain amount of cards - in our case: 7 - and whoever gets the ace, is the murderer, and whoever gets the king is the cop-"

"-The cop is obviously trying to catch and the murderer and the murderer is - well - y'know" Lisa finished. Cameron nodded.
"So if you don't get either of those, you're the... victim?" Nathan asked.

Lisa shared glances with Danny and Cameron before nodding. "I guess so, yeah. You've just gotta stay away from murderer."

"Trust no one... basically." Lucas laughed.
Danny chuckled and nodded. "Pretty much."
"What about once you're 'killed'?" Kelly questioned.

Danny shrugged. "You're killed. You're out of the game."
"What if we run into someone who's still in? I'm guessing we can't tell them who it is." Lucas stated.

"The remaining people won't find out, trust me." Danny quickly replied.
Lucas cocked a brow. "What do you mean by that?"

Cameron chuckled. "We can use Kelly's black fluffy hat and cut circles. That way victims won't be able to tell. I'm guessing that's what Danny's getting at."

Danny paused for a second before nodding his head. "That's right."

"Hey! Do we have to use my hat?" Kelly frowned.
Nathan sighed and put his hand on his friend's shoulder. "Kelly, lets be honest. That hat wasn't doing you any favours."

Kelly rolled her eyes and playfully slapped Nathan. "Shut up, Nathaniel!"

"It's Nathan!" He groaned.
Kelly looked over to Lucas as he mimicked him again: "It's Nathan!"
Everyone snickered.

Lisa yawned. "I'm pretty tired. Travelling is such a drag."
Cameron sighed. "Me too. How about we start tomorrow evening? The game won't last for long - we'll probably be done by at least midnight."

"Sure. Why not?" Lucas said, digging his fingers into the sand and pushing himself up. He held out his hand for Nathan and helped him up.
"Yeah. I'm tired too." Nathan added.

The teenagers returned to their warm cabin and split off once they reached their rooms.

"Murder in the Dark seems like a pretty cool game." Kelly said to Lisa as she brushed her teeth.
"It is." She managed to get out.

"I'm excited to play it. I kinda wanna get the ace. It would be pretty cool to sneak around and kill some people." Kelly grinned.
Lisa spat out her toothpaste and sniggered. "It is only a game, Kelly."

Kelly rolled her eyes. "You know I don't mean literally killing."
Lisa smiled and plopped onto her bed. "I know, Kelly, I know."

After a moment of quiet, Lisa yawned. "Right, I'm going to sleep. See ya tomorrow."

Kelly nodded as she headed into the bathroom. "Night, Lisa."