Part 3

Pinewood Crest wasn't a popular area to live in. Instead, it was a friendly, peaceful neighborhood with two forests on both sides. Many people say the forests were haunted, which I don't believe. It's probably a rumor that the boys wanted to start, trying to get attention.
     "Woah woah woah, where are you going?" I asked and flung my arm in front of her while riding.
     "We're taking a shortcut through the forest, we'll get there quicker." Eleanor said. It can't be that bad, I told myself and followed Eleanor who was riding in front of me.
I went to the forest a few times, but just to pick up some leaves during the fall so that I could incorporate them into my art. Eleanor, on the other hand, goes to the forest quite often. She goes on bike rides and sometimes takes her camera with her to take pictures. I have to admit, the Polaroids she took looked very professional. It makes sense, because her older sister was very interested in photography, when she was her age.

Lilian and Eleanor were different. Eleanor liked to capture the moment however, Lilian liked to visualize it and make it her own, that's why they got along so well.
The massive trees shaded the sun, which made the woods seem darker than usual. Almost everything appeared as a shadow, although occasional sunlight shined through between branches. You could tell we were almost out of the forest and back on the road, because of the soft sound of cars and the infrequent ring of a bicycle bell. As I glanced at Eleanor, she fell off her bike and collapsed onto the rocky surface. Lilian threw her bicycle and ran towards her dear friend, who unexpectedly toppled over.
     "Eleanor, is everything okay? Are you hurt?" I asked her. Her eyes half-opened, her face in shock.
     "N- No, I think I'm fine. I tripped over that tree root, it's nothing." She answered and brushed herself off. But before Lilian could ask Eleanor whether she wanted to turn back or not, Lilian looked over to her right, and saw the mail dunked in mud.