Chapter Eight

We're finally here at the address Loran gave. It was a brick house with a huge yard but I was able to find the spare key easily.

The house inside was very spacious and everything was neatly placed in order; you can tell this guy had serious OCD.

"Finally a sofa!" Laila cheered as she sprawled on the couch and sighed.

"Are you hungry?"

Both Laila and Leila looked at me, while one nodded the other barked. It was comical how alike they were.

I quickly checked the house to make sure everything was in order then started on dinner. Now I'm no chef but I can definitely cook better then my sister. With the food I bought at the store, I was able to make us a decent meal.

I served Leila her food and when she was done released her out into the yard. Making a mental note to clean whatever mess she makes before we leave tomorrow.

When I came to the dinner table where Laila was already sitting, I noticed she hadn't touched her food yet.

"You don't have to eat if you don't like it." I reassured her with a smile.

She looked so out of place it was making me nervous.

"What?" She responded thoughtlessly.

"You haven't touched your food. You know you don't have to eat it if you don't like it, I can make you something different."

She shook her head and started eating. "It tastes really good!" She muffled through mouthfuls.

"Laila are you alright?" Ever since Collins and Walt took her she's been having this distant look in her eyes.

I wonder if she suspects something is going on? Or is she's having suicidal thoughts? I really don't think I can sleep tonight knowing that.

"Yeah...I'm fine. Can we make pudding for dessert?"

Her carefree smile had a knack to put me in a good mood. "Of course we can."

After dinner we headed to the kitchen to make dessert. Laila apparently loves pudding with anything. She wouldn't hear of it when I told her I wasn't a fan and to put it back.

She would then go on and on about how good her brother was at cooking and how many pudding recipes he makes for her every dinner. I didn't even know there was more recipes then the one you get from the box.

Apparently I know nothing.

Tyler really does spoil his sister to the core, he gives her everything she wants. I feel bad for who ever ends up having his kids. Laila's doesn't act spoiled but from all the stories she's told me, Tyler never says no to her requests no matter how ridiculous they are.

I guess I see how she gets what she wants. Those eyes. She asks, looks at you with those eyes and hypnotizes you.

While we were watching TV Tyler called, which I would have been grateful for if he wasn't pissed off that I didn't call him instead. I am very punctual but he didn't even let me put the phone to my ear or the clock hit seven before blew a gasket.

It was more funny than frustrating, because it was Laila this and Laila that, make sure she brushed her teeth and leave the door cracked a little so there was light coming into the room.

Seriously he babies her too much and even she rolled her eyes at some of the things he said.

I did realize though that she was being too quiet. That was still bothering me. She would just give me her megawatt smile and become her joyful self again for a few minutes then quiet down again.