Chapter 1: Cole

Fabians Files 1:

Day one: Subject continues to ask for things such as his family and more food and water, tests inconclusive.

Day two: Subject has been experiencing seizures even though it has never been recorded. As soon as doctors appeared it began to try and escape when running the subject became woozy and began to soil himself after extensive testing we found that he had begun to respond to 'him'. Further results later

-Edward H.

"Cole, you're going to be late on the first day; don't you want to have a good first impression on the girls?!" Grandfather called upstairs.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, just another one of grandfather's jokes. They are getting more frequent as we have moved to Georgia, he seems more anxious; like he is waiting for something he was like this in London but now that we're here he seems more anxious, I should just ignore it.

"Grandpa, you know I've never had a girlfriend," I called back lying through my teeth. "Plus half the girls here smoke and they do drugs and stuff like that. You know I would never get into that, don't you?"

I think about my three ex-girlfriends as I got ready for school. Weirdly enough, I broke up with all of them right after they started smoking. At this rate, if the girls are anything like the ones in England, I'll probably be smoking along with them. We were in the car now.

"Son, don't lie to me I already know you've been dating at least two girls before. Anyway," he said while starting up the engine, it didn't start.

"Aw shit, I gotta go get more gas. Just wait here." He got out and started towards the garage, muttering something bad about the piece of junk he calls a car.

This is my chance!

I started rooting around in his stuff; I got so far in the glove compartment that I started to see stuff from several years ago.

"Looking for something?" Grandpa asked, sitting right next to me. In the car. Without me hearing. I was thoroughly confused as to how he did that. He started the engine while asking.

"What the hell were you doing going through my personal belongings!?" He demanded after a moment.

In a quiet voice I replied. "Grandpa I was just looking for something that told me who I am-"

In a voice a little bit louder than a mumble he responded "You don't have a family, I'm not your grandpa and you don't have a family." Okay now I'm in complete shock.

"What?!"

"You don't have a family."

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier? Then how was I made? How is this possible!"

He inhaled "This is going to be a long story, boy. You might as well not go to school. But I'll tell you right now that you are not a human."