Chapter 4: The Question That Begins The Adventure Of a Lifetime

When we last met our characters, Hardwyn had just asked Azwelitia to the school dance. And that's where the story ended. We were left wondering, if Azwelitia would go to the school dance with Hardwyn. Let's see what happens in the next installment of Azwelitia's crazy adventure.

To reopen the scene, Hardwyn and Azwelitia are having lunch. In addition, during this meal, Hardwyn had just asked Azwelitia to the school dance. She was surprised by the question and was embarrassed to the point where her face turned as red as a tomato. She ended up leaving the table and ran into her bedroom. She locked the door so that no one could enter. She started to cry. She loved Hardwyn, but because she loved him, and the fact was that she was a monster and he was human, they could not be together. Or could they? Hardwyn loved Azwelitia as well and would do anything to be with the girl he loved, even if that girl was a monster to some people.

He ended up walking down to Azwelitia's room and started to knock on the huge, renaissance like door. No answer, but he heard crying on the other side of the door, so he decided to start a conversation to see if that would get Azwelitia to open the door.

He said, "Azwelitia, why are you crying? I can hear you all the way through these huge thick wooden doors and I would like to come in and talk to you. I also want to know why you ran away from me. It felt like you were upset about something. What is wrong? If you let me in, maybe I can help."

Azwelitia was crying so hard that her fur was getting all dirty. She had not realized this yet, and it was high priority that during the winter months in the grottlino, that the creatures there that had fur needed to keep it clean. Azwelitia had soiled her fur with tears and dragon snot and it would take a while to clean all her fur of this mess.

However, she knew that instead of bottling everything up inside her, she decided to talk about it with Hardwyn. She unlocked the door and let Hardwyn inside to have a chat.

She started the conversation by saying, "I apologize for leaving the table like I did. It was rude, and I am truly sorry. When you asked me to the school dance, you caught me off guard and had embarrassed me. I am actually in love with you, but since I am a monster and you are a human, we cannot be together. I do want to go to the dance with you, but I think it would be wrong because of what of the consequences would be. I just do not think that it is acceptable for us to be together at all."

Hardwyn did not care what other people thought. He really wanted to be with Azwelitia and if that meant they were bullied, then so be it. He knew that she loved him as well, and really wanted to be with him, but she really wanted to follow the rules of society. However, he wanted to make her happy.

So, he decided to say, "Azwelitia, I do not care what others will think of us if we are together as a couple. I love you so much that I would do anything to be with you. I know that you want to go to the dance, and I will gladly be your date. I have seen how sad you have been around school, and I will try very hard to make you very happy. So, please, will you be my girlfriend from this day forward? I will never leave your side and I will go wherever you go. I promise on my mother's grave that I will always be by your side. I will not leave you ever. And you can trust me with your deepest darkest secrets. I will never tell anyone even if I am pressured to do so, I still will not give up those secrets to anyone. I know how to make girls happy even if that is girl is a monster, I still know how to make that girl happy. So, what do you say, will you be my girlfriend and go to the dance with me?"

Azwelitia did not know what to say, but what if Hardwyn was to be trusted and he would never leave her side, then could she be his girlfriend? There was only one way to find out. She would have to put him to the test. There was a place that no monster went to and that was the grottlino's scariest place, the dark forest. It was so scary and dark that even the bravest of monsters had not entered it because their deepest dark secrets were revealed to those who they did not want those secrets revealed to. In addition, if those monsters were traveling in a group; most of the members of the group had separated from each other because of the secrets that were revealed.

This forest was made up of old oak trees from the human world that been cut down, however because the trees were unusable by those humans, the trees ended in the grottlino. They grew to such heights that they created a scary feel to a lot of monsters. But not Azwelitia. She was able to brave the dark forest and not be able to reveal any of her deepest dark secrets to its inhabitants. Some of those inhabitants included dark fairies and dark elves. They have tried to gleam her deepest dark secrets, but to no avail. However, there was one creature in the dark forest that she had not come across that could reveal all her deep dark secrets to everyone including humans. And that was just what she was looking for. The Dark Magician. He was so powerful that no one's secrets were safe. If Hardwyn was to be trusted, then he must pass her test.

They entered the dark forest and went in search for the Dark Magician. It would be a perilous journey but Azwelitia knew the forest well. She was the one that Hardwyn had to trust for the time being. It would a long road ahead, but Hardwyn knew that Azwelitia knew this world so he put all his faith in her.

So, what can we expect for our characters as they journey through the dark forest? Will there be danger lurking under every rock and fall tree stump? Will they be able to find the Dark Magician? What will happen when they do? All these questions and more will be answered in the next installment of A Crazy Day in the Life of Azwelitia. So, for now, goodbye.