fifteen, delia

cordelia wished people would eat her food.

there was to be a party that night in marvin and whizzers apartment. whizzers broken legs had healed and, even after he broke them again twice, he was finally capable of walking. though he had quite a bit of recovery left to complete, her wife was finally back to smiling when the discussion of whizzer came up.

delia wasnt hurt by that. charlotte was proud of whizzer. she had spent just as many nights kept up by fear as the rest of whizzers family. she was sad that whizzer declined her food.

but it was okay. delia had baked her special brownies anyways (baked with vegetables in them too- she knew whizzer would need the nutrients).

***

the party was far less a party than anything else. whizzer sat on the couch in their room, curled up into marvins chest. a small smile played on his lips whenever marvin played with his hair.

but there were also dark, heavy circles under whizzers eyes. his skin was still drawn and ghastly pale. he still was frighteningly thin.

it was like a blow to cordelias heart.

whizzer smiled at her, and her stare met soft eyes, and charlotte felt her heart melt. she took the seat closest to whizzer, placing her hand on top of marvins and whizzers.

"everything will be alright," she whispered, looking up to see a tear fall down trinas face.

***

i think i fucked up my body yikes