Prologue

I Found You

Prologue

As a kid, I grew up in an orphanage. Life was hard for me. I have to grow up without calling somebody Mom or Dad. I struggled waking up every morning.

I was 7 when the car accident happened. 11 years ago. Yet it still haunts me in my memories. I remember a man pulling me away from my parents while tears are streaming down my face.

Life in the orphanage was hard too. I have to live a life of teasing and taunting. When I was 9 I couldn't take it anymore, I ran away.

Roaming in the streets to find food or water. The wind blowing in my face, the dark alleys I pass, the lonely nights and days, and then I saw him. He was in front of an old building, cold and hungry. He glanced at me and smiled.

He seems harmless, so I walked over and sat beside him.

"Hi" I said.

"Hello." He smiled. I didn't know how he can still manage to smile. Somehow, he makes me feel safe and warm.

"What are you doing alone here?" He asked.

"I ran away."

"Same here."

"Really?"

"Yeah"

There was a silence between us as the cold wind brushed against our skin.

Then out of the blue, he asked me the question I have been wanting to hear. "Can we be friends? I never really had a friend before." That was all I needed. A friend.

I nodded, smiling. It was the first time I smiled since my parents died.

"I'm Elle." I introduced myself.

"I'm Harry." He smiled.

From that day on we used to do everything together. We picked flowers from the park secretly and sell them to people, to make a living. We sleep together, eat together, and drink together. I feel safe with him. He never fails to make me laugh, and whenever he laughs my mood started to lighten.

He brought back the color in my world.

On a particular day, we made our way to the park. A man came running to us and I immediately recognized him.

"Run!" I told Harry. We kept running and running. He kept asking me questions but I didn't answer them.

"I don't want to go back there anymore. Please. Please. Don't let him catch us." I chanted in my head.

That man was the one who took care of me while I was in the orphanage. Although he treated me well and I like him. I didn't want to go back there.

He was only a few feet away from us. In a matter of seconds he got a hold of us. Even though Harry doesn't know what's going on he struggled to get out of his grip too. Soon, we were back in the orphanage. I was crying my eyes out. Harry started to rub my earlobe in small circles. It made me feel a little better.

We went into the office and I talked to the owner, Mrs. Jones and told her everything that happened. She told me that, Karla-who was the one who teased me all the time -was adopted and so are all of her friends.

I breathed a sigh of relief and hugged her. There were new kids in the orphanage and they were much nicer than Karla and her friends.

Harry was now in the orphanage too. We didn't have to work anymore. Every day we will go to the playground and play with each other. I thought everything would be okay but I was wrong.

When I got the news that someone wanted to adopt Harry, I couldn't take it. Why would they want to take my best friend? He was more than a friend to me. He was my first crush, my first friend.

I pleaded Mrs. Jones to not let them take away Harry. But she told me if I want Harry to be happy I should let him go. She asked me if I want Harry to be happy. I nodded.

I met the people who wanted to adopt him. I hugged the curly haired boy and he promised that this wouldn't be the last time we will see again. He thanked me for everything. I watched him open the car door and went inside and watched them drove further and further every second till they were out of sight.

All that I know in that moment was, my world turned gray and colorless again.

________________________________________________

Author's Note

Check out my other story called "How To Be A Girl In Just 31 Days" pleaseee

Hey guys! This is a new story.

Feedbacks is highly appreciated <3

Yes, I change my username from 1DStoleMyHeart to Directionettex to LuffWith1D :)x Haha.. XD

lots of love

LuffWith1D

xoxo