ii

appa...

daniel heard a small voice behind their room's door. he smiled. a genuine smile. he might say that he is the only reason why he is still smiling despite of these things happening to him.

he excitedly opened the door. the kid almost fell down but daniel's reflexes are fast, he caught the kid before he fell down. daniel chuckled. he is imagining the kid struggling to reach the door knob, that's cute.

what are you doing here 'lil fella? waiting for appa, hmm?” daniel asked the kid as he held him to his arms.

the kid hugged him and snuggles his face to his neck.

appa, i had a nightmare. papa left us. i'm scared.” the kid told him. his smile fades. why is it also bothering the kid? isn't it enough for him to suffer? does the kid needs to suffer too?

your papa won't do that, woojinie. trust us. trust him.” daniel whispered to his ear. assuring the kid.

he felt the kid slightly nod. he hugged his son really tight. he really loves his son than anyone else except seongwoo. seongwoo is a different case.

don't worry about that anymore, okay? just help appa to do the household chores, hmm?” he assures the kid as he let him go down.

“nae!” woojin screamed excitedly.

•••

daniel put woojin to his bed. he is sleeping soundly. daniel bet that his child is very tired. woojin is really talkative and naughty kid. he is really full of energy everytime.

woojin and daniel spend their whole day together. a father and son bonding, as usual. daniel won't get tired of taking care of his son. for him, this is the only thing that would make him genuinely happy.

appa....

papa is with someone else. don't he love us anymore?woojin mutters. asleep.

daniel smiled bitterly. even though he already knows that seongwoo is cheating, he doesn't accept it. he can't accept the reality that seongwoo got tired of him.

he lean down to kiss woojin's forehead.

everything will be fine again, baby. always trust appa.he whispered to his son's ear.

•••

daniel woke up because of a loud thud coming from the main door of their house. he immediately stood up from the couch.

seongwoo...he greeted but seongwoo didn't bother to give daniel a glance.

daniel was used to it. it was almost 1 year since seongwoo started acting like that. even he was used to it, he was still hurting. who wouldn't be hurt right?

seongwoo, did you eat already? do you want me to prepare something for you?” daniel asked as he followed the elder in the kitchen.

he saw seongwoo drinking water. his facial features didn't change, still handsome as he does before. only his self was changed, his aura, his sweetness, everything fades.

i don't need anything, daniel. just go back to sleep. i'll be leaving again.” seongwoo answered, coldly.

if you say so. enjoy your night.” daniel said, bitterly. he went to their room. his tears are streaming down through his cheeks.

why are you doing this to me, ong seongwoo? why are you hurting me that damn much?