Operation: midnight kiss

You moved a few strands of [h/c] hair out of your face before backing away from the mirror. You looked truly bammin-slammin-smokin hot and rightly so, since you've spent at least 2 hours getting ready. Your phone buzzed to show that your friend was here to pick you up for the party so you quickly grabbed a jacket and your purse with all the essentials in it before locking the door and walking towards the familiar car.

"Hiya [y/n]! You ready for the party?" The strawberry blonde woman exclaimed as you sat down in the shotgun seat. She hugged you briefly before driving off.

"Yeah, I'm feeling rather pumped"  You punched the air a few times to show your excitement and you both laughed at your silliness. You and your friend Koala was driving to your friends' house for a New Years party. Koala had a goal of kissing her long time crush at midnight while you wanted to help her in any way you could but would probably be kissing a bottle of alcohol at the end of the night. Not that you really minded though, you just hadn't found the right guy yet is all and you didn't mind filling that empty gap with booze, chocolate and week-long Netflix marathons. The drive to the house wasn't exactly short but neither of you minded since it gave you time to talk and sing along to your favourite songs whenever they came on the radio.

"We're here!~"

Before you even got close to the house you could easily deduce that there was a party going on inside. You could feel the base vibrate through your body even from outside the house and the ever-changing party lights mixed with some Christmas decorations that no one had bothered to take down made the house look like a colorful sun in the dark winter night. A very loud sun at that. Koala rang the doorbell and you wrapped your jacket tighter around you in hope that you would at least manage to retain a little heat. The door soon opened to show a obviously drunk and shirtless Ace. He had a bad habit of stripping whenever he got drunk which would lead to both fun and embarrassing shenanigans.

"Heeeeey guuuuurlss" actually, make that very drunk. He wobbled towards you two a bit in a clumsy attempt to hug you  both but tripped on his own drunk feet and fell face first into your chest. Your face exploded into a shade so red it would put even Rudolph the reindeer's nose to shame and your brain short-circuited. Luckily for you ,Marco came to your rescue and pulled the drunken moron away from you.

"Put your damn shirt back on-yoi!" Marco scolded the drunkard but it fell on deaf ears. Ace drunkenly winked at you and shot finger guns toward you before Marco pulled the shirt over his head and pushed him back inside.

"Sorry 'bout that [y/n], come on in girls" he moved aside to let you in and you gladly entered the warm house, although your face could probably replace the sun since it was burning so hot from embarrassment. When you entered the living room you saw Ace who had moved on to flirting with a lamp and on the other side of the room was the goal of tonight, Sabo. Koala looked at you nervously while you just smiled reassuringly.

"I'll get us some drinks, go talk to him" you pushed her in his general direction and went on to the kitchen to find some drinks to ease her nerves. Once you came back your friend was not were you left her but neither was Sabo so you figured that they both might've went to talk somewhere more quiet since they weren't the kind of people who did hookups. With two drinks in hand you sat down next to Duval who was drinking apple juice from a small carton with a straw? You raised your eyebrow at him but he just winked at you (if you can even call contorting ones face like that as winking). Shrugging it off you downed one of the drinks in one go before joining the dance floor.

As the stroke of midnight approached everyone had decided to go to a nearby hill to get a good view of the fireworks, and by everyone I mean the people who  were sober enough to walk. You arrived at the hill and laid down a blanket in the snow before sitting down. Luffy, Chopper, Usopp and Franky were playing with sparklers while Sanji, Marco and Thatch were setting up fireworks. Five minutes left. Everyone else were sitting in a group on the hill and watching the pre-midnight fireworks in wait for the real show to start (including Sabo and Koala who had joined the gang again while holding hands! You go girl!). Four minutes left. You looked at the new couple and smiled. Even though you were happy for them you couldn't help to feel a small bit of jealousy. You didn't resent them in any way, you were actually ecstatic over the fact that they'd finally gotten together! You just wish you could have the same. Three minutes left. You took a sip from the red plastic cup you had brought with you and looked up at the starry sky. Will you ever find someone? Sure you've been in a few relationships before but none of them felt real or lasted very long. There was always something missing.

"Fire in the hole!" Someone, probably Thatch, yelled and they ran away from the fireworks. The group had began counting down and you closed your eyes, savoring the moment.

"3!"
"2!"
"1!"
You prepared yourself to hear the explosions and people yelling the classic phrase of  'happy new year!' but, it never came. In fact, everything had turned quiet. You opened your eyes in confusion only to find that everyone was gone. The blankets and everything you had brought was still there yet your friends were nowhere to be found.

"The hell?" Did you pass out and they left you here? No, they'd never do that. You couldn't hear any fireworks in the distance either, it was as if the whole world had gone silent. A bit freaked out you pulled out your phone to call Koala and hoped that maybe you actually had passed out and everyone else had been a bit too drunk and generally forgetful to remember that you came with them. Before you even got the chance to call her though ,you froze. The phone fell to the snow covered ground and you shook to your very core. 'What the hell' . Shaking, you reached down and picked up your phone only to confirm what had shocked you in the first place.

The date read 'January 0th' and something told you that it wasn't just your phone glitching.