II. ♞ CROSSROADS INN

STANDING BESIDES HER NEPHEW JOFFREY, ADELYSIA FROWNED AT THE SIGHT BEFORE HER. Tyrion laid sleeping alongside a pack of dogs, snoring away unaware of the three pairs of eyes staring down at him.

The dwarf groaned as he woke, Joffrey sneering down at the man, "Better-looking bitches than you're used too, uncle." Adelysia sighed as she rested her hands on the gate, right beside Sandor. "Your sister has been looking for you, Tyrion. We ride for King's Landing today."

Tyrion nodded at the woman, focusing his attention on his nephew, "Before we go, you'll offer your sympathies to Lord and Lady Stark." Joffrey shrugged at the man, "What good would my sympathies be to them?" Tyrion pushed open the gate, "None, but it is expected of you."

"Your absence has already been noted," Adelysia added, as Tyrion shook off the pieces of hay that were stuck on him.

"They boy means nothing to me," Joffrey continued, "And I can't stand the wailing of women."

Just a few seconds before Adelysia could react, Tyrion had reached up and slapped the blonde boy. Adelysia smiled at the imp, "Thank you for that."

"One word and I'll hit you again." The man scolded.

"I'm telling mother," Joffrey spat, causing him to be slapped once again. Adelysia could barely hide her excitement at the scene.

"Go! Tell her." Tyrion paused before adding, "But first you will go to Lord and Lady Stark and you will fall on your knees in front of them and tell them how very sorry you are, that you are at their service, and that all your prayers are with them."

Tyrion slapped him once more, "Do you understand?"

"You can't" Joffrey cried, just as Adelysia stifled a smile and added at the same time Tyrion slapped him again, "Oh yes he can."

"Do you understand?"

Joffrey didn't reply instead, he marched away presumably to do what he was told. Adelysia smiled as she watched the boy, leaning back on the gate as Sandor looked over at Tyrion.

"The prince will remember that little lord."

Tyrion looked up at him, "If he forgets, be a good dog and remind him." His eyes glanced over at Adelysia, "Excuse me, my lady."

Sandor scoffed at the man, and both him and Adelysia watched as Tyrion walked away.

"Do you ever get tired of that?" She asked, "Getting called a dog? I mean."

He let out a grunt in response, neglecting to answer her question.

"I'll take that as a yes then."

Adelysia stepped away from him, moving towards the path Tyrion had just made. She presumed he was going to get breakfast, and she was quite hungry as well.

"My lady."

Sandor's deep voice stopped her before she moved any further. "Yes, Sandor?"

"Will be riding your horse back to King's Landing?"

"Why?"

"Just curious."

Adelysia pursed her lips resting a hand on her hip, "A man is never just curious Sandor, state your true reason."

"So I can stay far away from you," Sandor explained, "you tend to get annoying once your arse starts to numb."

Adelysia let out a chuckle, "Do you really pay that much attention to me? You know when my arse starts to get numb?"

Sandor grunted at the small woman, annoyed with her teasing. "Get on, the queen's waiting for you."

"Very well, love," Adelysia finished, but she turned back to look at him before she made her way into the castle, "When my arse starts to get numb, you'll be the very first to know."