Chapter 3

Once we got home from school I immediately asked Cyrus how he felt about Tsubaki.

"Wha-" Cyrus answered, "I've only talked to her once! How could I like her already?"

"Well it's possible!" I replied giddily, "it seemed like you were trying to flirt with her!"

"If I liked any of the girls at that school it would be Maka, she's so smart! And she's a great meister too."

"Pfft," I snorted, "how would you know if she's a good meister? You've never even seen her fight. And I'm sure I'm way better than she is." Okay, I'll admit it, I was a bit jealous that Cyrus thought Maka was a better meister than me, but come on, there's no way that's even possible.

"I wasn't saying she was better than you," Cyrus replied. "I just think she must be a great meister, just something about her..." He let his sentence fade with a dreamy sigh.

"Okay lover boy," I teased, "let's get ready for supper!"

-----time skip-----

It was 7 and we were all ready to go. Cyrus had cleaned up nicely. He was wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a tan jacket.

"Hey! You dressed up! You must really like Maka to dress nicely for her!"

"Ash! I dress nicely all the time! Don't say it's for Maka!" Cyrus whined.

"Okay, sorry!" I replied with a laugh, "let's go!"

-----time skip-----

We arrived at Maka's right at 7:30 and rang the door bell. Maka answered the door and invited us in. "Hey guys! Come in! Cyrus, you can pick a movie already if you want, I'll show you where they are!"

Cyrus and Maka were looking through the movies and I was sitting on the couch when Soul, Tsubaki, and Black Star came in. "Hey Ash! Hey Cyrus!" Black Star shouted, "we'll have to have another fight really soon! I haven't fought anyone as good as you two in forever, it was awesome!"

"Sure, Black Star," I replied, "sounds like it'd be fun!"

"Just don't get mad if we beat you again." Cyrus said as he turned around to smirk at Black Star.

"Cyrus! Don't be a jerk!" I jokingly said as I kicked him lightly.

"Did you just kick me?!" Cyrus shouted as he stood up, "you'll pay for that." He jumped on me and started tickling me.

"Cyrus! Stop!" I shouted through my tears and laughter.

"I'll stop if you promise to never kick me again." Cyrus replied with a cocky little grin.

"I promise!"

"Okay, just remember what'll happen if you do!" Cyrus replied with a wink.

I stuck out my tongue at him.

"Uh," Maka said, "Aren't you two cousins?"

"Oh no! We're totally not cousins!" I replied, "His parents were my parent's best friends and I just call them my aunt and uncle, but in reality we're totally not related at all."

"Oh, so you two are dating?" Maka asked with a disappointed look on her face.

"Why would you ask that?" Cyrus replied with a questioning look on his face.

"Well you two just seem so close!"

"We're just best friends," I said with a laugh, "so if you want a shot with Cyrus you've still got it." I winked at Maka and she blushed.

-----Cyrus' POV-----

My plan to make Ash jealous by pretending to like Maka was totally backfiring. How could she seriously not know how I feel about her! After five years of continuously following after her and doing everything she asks me to.

"Hello? Earth to Cyrus!"

"Huh?" I replied.

"Have you picked a movie yet?" Maka asked me with a shy little smile.

"Oh, uh yeah. Let's watch Friday the 13th. I love that movie." That was a lie, I was so tired of that movie. But it's Ash's favourite, and everytime we watch it she holds onto my arm and buries her face in my chest when someone gets killed. Which happens a lot in this movie. So I'll watch it a million times for that.

DING DONG

"Oh that must be Kid, Patty and Liz." Soul said. "I'll go let them in."

A boy with black hair with a white strip in it came in the living room, followed by two girls who looked almost identical, but one was taller and had longer hair than the other.

"Hello, you must be the new students Ash and Cyrus," the kid said, "my name is Death the Kid, but you can just call me kid, and these two behind me are Liz and Patty. I'm in the same class as all of you, I just wasn't there because I was on a mission for my father today."

"Oh that's cool." I said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Ash said with a sweet, friendly smile on her face.

Damn her, did she always need to look so cute? She has long brown hair that goes almost to her waist, and the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen. I think Kid was thinking the same thing as me, because once he looked at Ash he said "Oh wow! You're so symmetrical! You're like a symmetrical princess! You're so perfect!"

"Um, thanks?" Ash said with a confused smile.

"Kid, you're laying it on pretty thick." The taller girl, Liz, said.

"My apologies." Kid replied, "I've just never seen someone so symmetrical."

"Don't creep her out," Soul said with a frown, "this is the first time she's hung out with us and I don't want you scaring her away."

Really? Soul likes her too? That is just too much.

"Let's watch the movie now!" Tsubaki said.

I gave her a grateful smile and agreed.