Althea Kosta 365 days before.

I rest my head on my hand. Who needs this stuff anyway? I don't need to know how the Republican party came together. I just want to go to lunch then music class to work on my piece. I looked up at the teacher, Mr. Fletcher always looks like he's back in the 70's, which wouldn't be bad if he wasn't in his late 20's. "Ms. Kosta are you even listening to the reading?" This time I look at his eyes and not his bell bottom jeans. "Hm? oh yes Mr. Fletcher I am." He smiles creepily looking at me up and down like some piece of meat. "Then please ms. Kosta tell the class what was in the reading that Suzy read us." I never understand why I'm the only one he calls me by my last name. "Around February 1954 the anti-slavery Whigs had begun meeting in the upper mid-western states to discuss the formation of a new party. In the new state of Wisconsin which was only seven years at the time on March 20, 1854, is generally remembered as the founding meeting of the Republican Party." He looks at me like I just disowned him as my father. As the School bell rang I went to lunch with a smirk on my face.

At lunch I sit at the lunch table in the back of the lunch room next to the big window looking out in front of the school. Sitting next to my best friends; Allison, Mae, Becky, and Anna. We see and smile at  each other complementing our outfits, saying how we got our inspiration for the outfit of the day. Once we sit and open our lunch bags in unison talking about the next exam that's coming up and what time should we have a study group meeting a guy comes walking to the table his name is Dunken he's a senior which is a year before me. "Hey ladies! How are you beauties?" He smiles with an eyebrow raised I look at him in annoyance "Nothing that you need to know Dunken." He puts his hand on his chest "OH my goddess the queen of Mi-devil high has SPOKEN TO ME." His friends laughed from across the isle feeling my face get hot I look at him " What do you want Freaken?" I smiled seeing the pissed off look he gave me from saying his old nickname from elementary. "I just wanted to see how my old friend is Althea Grossta!" I pout and rolled my eyes at the old name when I was gross but we don't talk about her anymore. "I kind of also wanted Allison's number." I looked at Allison in shock right as she takes out her phone I put my hand on her arm making it go to the table with phone in hand. "I'm sorry I can't let you do that." 

"Why the fuck not? Mad because no one likes you because you're a major bitch?" I sigh in aggravation "No, Dunken you don't deserve her, she has a life a head of her with me and my friends hear that, my friends not yours." He looks at Allison her eyes looking at him as if she was saying sorry. "Choke on my dick Althea." I roll my eyes even harder then before "Don't you normally choke on small things?" Before he could say anything his friends call him over before it could get any worse, "See Allison? Saved you from loveless death!...anyway." We went to talking about our working schedule to see when we can meet up for the exam Allison was silent the whole lunch period.

Hey everyone! thank you so much for reading the girl who plays meldolica! More about Matthew is going to come in the next part! Thanks so much!