Chapter 29

Your POV

Here I found myself again, The City that never sleeps! One of the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my 19 years of existence in the world. The place filled with luxury and memories that can never be replaced. My Home!

It's been 15 years since I bid my goodbye to this place, but then again, every year I go back here twice to find myself stuck in the same old rusty park bench that keeps reminding me that I'm alone in this God forsaken day. The worst day of my life, the day that's long gone, the day that I lost my family, the day I wish that never came, that day I kept waiting for someone who's never coming back. My Birthday.

I let out a deep sigh as I kept waiting for someone to come and get me here. I looked at my phone to check the time since I forgot to bring my watch and saw that it's already half past ten. An hour and a half to go, I thought to myself. I was about to put my phone back in my pocket when Ally's Caller ID flashed on my screen. I just stared at it until the call ended. Then I received numerous text messages from her and the other girls. Apparently they're looking for me for quite a while now. I ignored their texts and waited for some more.

***

"Happy Birthday Alex!" My mom woke me up at exactly 12 midnight "let's go downstairs and give thanks"

I happily nodded as we both went downstairs to meet my dad and my brothers who sang Happy Birthday to me as soon as they saw us

Parents usually don't let their kids be awake at this hour but mines different, we celebrate birthdays from 12 midnight to 11:59 in the evening. All-day-long celebration for us.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS" my brother Eric hugged me as soon as they finished the song

"Happy Birthday Sweetie" Dad said as he lifted me up and kissed me on my cheek "What'd you wanna do today?"

"Ice cream, pizza, pasta, and A day at the park!" I answered excitedly

"Your wish is our command princess!" He laughed

"Let's go eat so you can go back to rest okay" mom said

"Okay!" My brother and I replied as we walked hand in hand towards the dinner table

"Meat and Cheese?" Eric handed me a slice of my favorite pizza

"Yey!" I squealed "thanks coy"

"No problemo lil sis"

"Don't each too much cake Eric, you still have to rest" my mom reminded him

"You too, Marc Sebastián. Don't give Johnny any sweets or you'll be the one taking care of him"

"Yes mommy!" Dad laughed

"Why didn't Alex get any reminder?" Eric asked

"Because I don't really like sweets kuya"

"Right!" He laughed

As soon as we finished eating, mom sent us back to our rooms to rest until the morning. I wanted Eric to come cuddle with me in my room and watch SpongeBob Squarepants so he did until we both fell asleep.
***

I smiled as the last happy memory of my family flashed back in my head. A tear escaped from my eyes when I once again felt the emptiness in my heart. I miss them so much.

I heard my phone ringing, I wanted to ignore it so badly but it was Ally. I know it's her without looking, my ringtone for her is different from the others. I took my phone out and once again stare at its screen until the call ends.