R

"ARE YOU LONELY? RENT A BOYFRIEND! call xxx-xxx-xxxx"

she stared at the piece of paper and raised a brow. just reading it felt like a slap in the face. she crumpled up the paper into a ball and threw it on the ground. the train arrived at the station. she hesitated and picked up the paper ball and put it in her coat pocket.

-

she arrived at her house. she took off her shoes and sat down at the kitchen counter, her phone, a pen, and the paper in her hand. she hesitantly unlocked her phone.  her subconscious was saying, joori are you that desperate? what the fuck are you doing? she tapped the call icon. joori don't you fucking dare call that number. she sighed and dialed the number and pressed call. after the second ring, someone picked up.

"hello, welcome to rent a boyfriend. how may I help you?" a feminine voice spoke, she sounded young.

"uh, hi. I'm looking for a boyfriend to rent for a day." she muttered 'obviously' to herself. she couldn't believe what she was doing.

"alright then, please state your name, city you live in, age range, and what time you are available."

"my name is Jung Joori, I live in jeonju, I'm looking for a guy that's at least 16, and I'm available every day." did you really just say that?

"hold on one second...."

joori clicked her pen and bit her lip. she could have just went on tinder or something.

"okay. theres a 16 year old Japanese guy living in this area. he can speak korean, don't worry. what day do you want him to come around?"

"uhm...how about tomorrow? I have no idea how this works."

"me neither honestly. I'll give you his phone number and you can work out a plan. by the way it's 20$ per day with no refunds or exchanges."

"sounds good. thank you." she giggled nervously, this was extremely embarassing.

"his number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. his name is Nakamoto Yuta." joori quickly wrote down the phone number and name.

"thanks."

"thank you call again." and the line hung up.

she sighed and opened text messages.

new message
to: yuta
from: joo

joo
uh hi

yuta
hello?

joo
is this yuta?

yuta
yea. who is this?

joo
I'm joori

the agency told me to contact you

yuta
oh cool

you can pay me when we meet if you want

joo
k thanks

what school do you go to if you don't mind

yuta
seogok high

wbu

joo
I go to the all girls school right by h mart

it's like 5 minutes away from yours

yuta
ohhh

what do you wanna do then

joo
I honestly have no idea, what do you usually do?

yuta
I walk them around the city and invite them to my house I'll cook and cuddle maybe

depends on you

joo
let's do something different then

maybe we could walk to school together, then after school go to the library and study or smth

yuta
sounds good

afterward I have to go shopping tho do you wanna come with?

joo
oh okay

I take the subway and stop at the main station to walk to school

I could meet you up there?

yuta
sure what time does school start and end

joo
I start at 7 30 and end at 2

yuta
me too

I'll see you there?

joo
see you then c: