Chapter Two

Now all Loki needed to do was figure out how he was going to get in that apartment. He couldn't just go in... or could he? He walked close to the apartment and he could hear the door opening. Quickly hiding behind the corner, he stopped and listened to what they were saying.
"Where are we going?" she asked.
"To the doctor's... you've been acting so strange since you got that necklace...!" her mother replied.
A necklace? The last tesseract piece is the perfect size for a necklace pendant... Loki thought. He made himself invisible and followed them to their car in the parking lot.
"What do you mean, the doctor's? I'm not acting weird!" the girl argued.
"Yes you have, darling, just please get in the car," her tired mother said.
The girl huffed and got into the back of the car. He teleported himself into the car, still invisible to them. The girl's mother backed out of the parking lot and drove down the street. Loki closely observed the girl and saw something glinting around her neck underneath her shirt.
They rolled to a stop by a small psychiatrist office and Loki quickly teleported into the building. Luckily, there was only one psychiatrist that worked there so he didn't have to wait to find out which one they were seeing. He went into the office and the so called psychiatrist was sitting at his desk.
"Can I help you?" he asked, a little startled at Loki's sudden entrance.
"Yes. But not in the way you think...," he answered and used his powers to knock out the man.
"Dr. Robert?" came a voice from outside the door, followed by a knock.
Loki quickly shoved the doctor under the desk and disguised his appearance. The mother and her daughter came in and she said, "I hope we're not interrupting anything."
"No, this is a perfect time," replied Loki, glad that they didn't notice anything different about their psychiatrist. "Take a seat."
They sat on the chairs in front of him and he sat in the chair behind the desk. "So what brings you here today?" he asked, knowing already why they were here.
"Well my daughter, Lucy, has been acting strange ever since her grandmother gave her a necklace. Show him it, Lucy."
The girl named Lucy reluctantly took off the necklace and placed it on the desk. Loki held back a mischievous grin and replied, "Well that is strange. Do you know where her grandmother got it?"
"She said she found it in her yard after it fell from the sky, but that's just silly," said her mother.
"Maybe not as silly as you might think," Loki answered, holding it up to look at it.
"Are you saying it did come from the sky?" Lucy questioned with awe.
"It does look like a tesseract-ite, a rare stone that comes from meteors," he lied. "You better let me take a look at it overnight... I'll send it to a meteorologist."
"Okay, that would be great if you could figure out what it was," Lucy's mother replied happily. However, Lucy looked a little untrusting.
"Yes, I'll contact my friend Bill right away and get back to you tomorrow."
"What do I owe you?" she asked.
"Oh, nothing. My service is free of charge," Loki said. I have no use for human money anyway, he dismissed.
"That's great! Thank you so much, Dr. Robert!" she exclaimed.
"No... thank you," he answered with a hidden sadistic smile.

Author note: Sorry it took so long for me to update, I was busy with other stories