Chapter 11

Josh's POV:  The court meeting took forever and Lucy's attorney was awful. He kept bringing up old facts that the judge had already dismissed. It was like he didn't want Lucy to get Veronica back so he was playing stupid on purpose. OH! Yeah! Here's what happened, according to her record.

________________________________________________________________________________

May 12, 2017                                                                                                                                                          

Lucy Monica Todd has requested for a report to be filed against her boyfriend, (non-disclosed), for sexual assault. This has been refiled as a false report, as it was all consensual intercourse on both parties. Todd claims that she was talking about his failure to use proper protection, but failure to use proper use of  terminology when filing said report has resulted in a fine for false use of federal forces.

November 19, 2017                                                                                                                                           

Lucy Monica Todd has been removed from the NHNN (National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery) hospital for entering into a private wing and begging for an abortion- at seven months pregnant with a healthy child. When denied, Todd panicked and threatened a nurse in training, Ms. Alissia Danes, with a syringe full an unknown substance. Todd has been banned from this hospital, and arrested later for public intoxication, but released later the next day (November 20, 2017) when Todd was deemed sober again. Todd was charged with a  £90 (148.65 CAD) ticket.

January 6, 2018 

A woman who calls herself Lucy (later identified as Lucy Monica Todd) has come in, completely intoxicated on several drugs. She was in labor and refused to stay long enough to do any tests on the child born or herself. As soon as the child was born (A healthy baby girl, 8lbs, 6oz) Lucy refused to let anyway give the girl any antibiotics and left with the baby. A birth certificate was not signed.

March 12, 2018

Lucy Monica Todd claims that on this date her mother in law, Jessica Maria Martin, decided that Lucy must give up the "wretched child" if she wishes to remain living with the Martin family. Todd claims that, while under the influence of alcohol, she dropped the child off at "the biggest and nicest house she could find with a big car in the driveway". Todd also claims that a man inside of the house stole the infant from her and locked her out, but surveillance cameras around the home have recorded her lazily dropping the basket with the infant inside of it on the porch, swearing at the infant and taking a drag of a joint before ringing the doorbell and hiding in the bushes as the residents, Ethan Payne, Joshua Bradley, Simon Minter, Tobi Brown, Olajide Olatunji, Harold Lewis, and Vikram Barn, discovered the basket with the child inside. 

After further investigation, It has been brought to our attention that Lucy Monica Todd's claims were false, as Jessica Maria Martin has been deceased for six years. Todd's husband, Jack Oliver Martin, had discussed putting the child up for adoption earlier that day, due to the constant demand of his job and her clearly unfit parenting. She got upset with him and took the child out of the house when he had gone to work, and they were not present when he arrived home. He had assumed that when she hadn't come home soon after that she had gone to stay with her family, like she had often done when they argued. He didn't think to worry until she hadn't come home for a few months and her family hadn't heard from her. He scoured the city until he found her in a homeless shelter, prostituting herself off for food money with his daughter nowhere to be found. He took her home and when she refused to give up the location of the child, he feared the worst and called the police, which is where this investigation began.

________________________________________________________________________________

So. 

Veronica's mother was an abusive druggie who had a bad record. Her father had a clean record and worked in retail as a manager, and he didn't have time to be around to protect her because he was trying to make enough money to keep a roof over her head. Neither of them were suitable to raise a baby at this point, and Her dad was more than happy that she did end up in a safe home with us. Lucy on the other hand..... 

Ugh. I hoped from that moment on that cat and I would never be like them. We were a team, and not a one sided love situation. 

ANYWAYS.

Her attorney brought up the fact that she tried to abort the child, so it should be at the fault of the neurosurgery hospital that refused to abort a baby at seven months. When the judge turned that down, He brought up the attempted report against the husband and tried to pin the blame on him. Lucy then revealed that the man she'd slept with was not actually her husband. She had been cheating on him with her drug dealer before he got arrested, and that he was the biological father. 

Given the fact that since Ver had been with us, she'd not only gone up to a healthy weight, but she'd also started developing faster than expected. This was a great sign and it didn't take long for the jury to decide.

Unanimous decision: The child shall remain with her adoptive family where she is flourishing.

                                                        Veronica was ours officially!!