ένα

OPHELIA ZABINI twirled a loose baby-hair around her finger as she leaned her head on the large compartment window

OPHELIA ZABINI twirled a loose baby-hair around her finger as she leaned her head on the large compartment window. Her brown eyes were thoroughly focused on a particularly large raindrop sliding its' way down the glass.

She usually adored the rain, however the coldness that it was spreading throughout the train was making her want to hex mother nature. The fact that the Hogwarts Express has no special warming charms in place only worsened the case of Ophelia's chattering teeth.

After coming to the realisation that the window wasn't providing her with any extra heat, she raised her head and glanced in front of her. That 'glance' quickly formed into a hard glare as she took in the appearance of her equally freezing best friend. Both of his hands were up by his face, fisting and pulling his dirty-blond locks in an attempt to cover his red ears.

"Oh don't be silly, guys" Cameron Finnigan mocked, sending the blond boy a harsh glare of her own, "We won't be needing the thick cloaks, it's only September."

The remaining context of the compartment let out quiet giggles as he raised his long, middle finger and shoved it in Cameron's face, "Oh fuck off Finnigan."

Letting out a fake gasp, Ophelia leaned forward to slap her bestfriend's knee, "Archibald Goldstein, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" she chuckled. Only it didn't last long as a, surprisingly hard, yellow and black tie was thrown at her face.

Cursing his 'chaser' arm under her breath, she chucked the tie back at Archie and stretched out her back from her previous, sulking position by the window.

"I'm going to look for the trolley, maybe there's some sort of tea or something." She made sure to kick Archie's leg extra-hard as she was passing and before any of her friends could ask her to buy something else, she was gone.

Ophelia hummed a quiet tune as she walked through the oddly quiet corridor. Everyone is probably asleep, she scoffed at the many unmoving bodies that were visible through compartment doors.

Unfortunately for her body's temperature, as soon as Ophelia saw a glimpse of the familliar trolley witch a head of curly, dark red hair stopped her from proceeding any further.

"Ophelia!" she was soon pulled into a small, side-hug by the familiar seventh year. Though they weren't the best of friends, she was happy to call the Weasley-Granger girl her acquaintance.

"Hello Rose."

The older girl pulled back rather quickly, as if Ophelia's coldness somehow rubbed off on her, and wrapped her robes tighter around herself.

"How's my favourite Gryffindor?" Ophelia asked. With the trolley now out of sight, a quick conversation wouldn't hurt.

"She's great, hell'a busy though." Rose laughed, her hand instinctively went down to her brand new 'HeadGirl' badge and traced random patterns over it, "I'd love to stay and catch up, but my annoying git of a cousin forgot to tell me that we're meant to have a meeting with the new prefects."

The fourth year nodded in understanding and waved her friend 'goodbye' before turning on her heels in order to return to her compartment.

"Oh and by the way, Snow White is looking for you. He said you'll know where to find him."

Ophelia turned back around and sighed, Merlin why were Malfoys so dramatic. With a curt nod of her head, she walked past Rose.

He had obviously meant his compartment, which him and Albus Potter have been occupying since first year. It was mostly full of Weasley/Potter/Granger kids though as more and more of them have left, anyone associated with the 'Golden Trio' was welcome to sit there.

Since her parents weren't exactly 'friends' with the chosen one, Ophelia had never really felt the need to go sit with them. However, her friendship with Malfoy pretty much gained her a reserved seat in that compartment.

It didn't take long to reach the first compartment of the train, seeing as her own one wasn't too far away. Before she could even knock, a tall frame pulled her into a tight hug. Now, due to this being Ophelia's hug of the day, she wasn't the happiest while returning it.

"We literally saw each other last week Scorp, don't make a scene." And although she spoke facts, Scorpius still acted as if she just spoke out the forbidden 'M' word in front of everyone.

"Ophelia Pansy Zabini, are you not happy to see your friend." he gasped.

"Hardly." she tutted and raised her hand to pet the lanky boy on the head, "Did you actually need anything important? Archie is probably already sending out a search party for me."

"Can't I--"

"He just wanted to say hi, you know, being the extra kid he is"

At the sound of a third voice, Ophelia spun around and took in the remaining of the compartment. The two Scamander twins were sat on the seat opposite the one Scorpius was previously sat on, both of them were already dressed in their house robes and were glancing up at the two friends with amused glances.

Seeing as Lorcan, who she recognised due to his 'Prefect' badge, was the one that spoke she smiled down at him, "Hello Lorcan, good summer?"

"Very." he smiled back, cowering down under the subtle glare that was coming from Scorpius.

"Well I'll be off now, tell lover boy I said hi, Scorp. See you."

And with one last wink toward the boy, she was off with only one thing on her mind, I really need to stop befriending blondes.

welp first chapter is up,

i don't know what's with me and writing scenes where it's pouring down rain *shrug*

i just like rain a lot, okay? BUT NOT THUNDER AND LIGHTING ASTHFLG THAT'S THE WORST.