Not broken, just bent... hopefully

Nicole parked her cruiser by the homestead. She swallowed nervously as she made her way to the front door slowly. All that ran through her head was that she needed to apologize to Waverly, properly. And apparently, that's what What Wynonna wanted too, why else would she have told Nicole that's where her sister was? She knew they were in a fight.

"Homestead. Haught. Waves is at the homestead, alone." Wynonna made the statement while walking past the officer's desk.

"What?" Nicole asked, confused by the random comment.

"Don't screw up. You big Haughtdog." Despite Nicole being annoyed by the last name jokes, she ignored Wynonna's insult. Instead, she grabbed her keys and clocked out early. She was on her way to the homestead within five minutes of Wynonna's confession.

Hesitantly, Nicole tapped three times, not expecting Waverly to answer. She waited for nearly a minute when an old floorboard creaked on the other side of the door. Nicole took note to thank old structures all around the world.

"Waves?" Nicole asked through the door. "Look, I get it if you want space, I understand that you don't want to talk tome right now, Waverly." She huffed out a sad laugh. "Honestly?I-I wouldn't want to talk to me either."

Nicole leaned her shoulder to the door and let her head fall against it in suit. Nicole took a shaky breath, Waverly was one of the only people who could make her feel like this. Feel vulnerable and guilty and sad and scared but bold all at once.

"I pulled a dick move, okay? And I know I screwed up.God, I screwed up." Nicole heard the floorboard creak again.Waverly was on the other side of that door, Nicole knew it. She had to believe that or else this confession was for nothing.

"I planned on telling you, that's why it was in my purse. But after your walk with Wynonna I knew it wasn't the right time." Nicole shut her eyes and bit her lip, trying to contain and control her emotions. "You were upset, I could tell, when I saw you, I knew that it had to wait. I wasn't going to hit you while you were already down. I couldn't bring myself to do it." Nicole felt something press against the door, and judging on how small Waverly is. Waverly had placed her entire back against the piece of wood that separated them.

"And I know it was wrong to have opened it. I just wanted to be there for you in every way you needed me to be. I know that isn't an excuse. And there is none. But I regret it, and I meant it, what I said to you in the bar... I wanted to protect you, because I love you. And I know you don't need protecting, but it's a flaw of mine, okay? And I'll fix it, for us..." Nicole listened for a moment, just long enough to hear the slither of Waverly sliding down the door.

"Because that's what relationships do, they help you grow. It scares me actually, because what can I show you that you don't already know? You're amazing, Waves. And it's all I can do to keep up." Nicole felt her voice waver as she spoke, unable to control her heart.

"Like I said, girlfriends fight," Nicole huffed another sad laugh, trying to subconsciously cheer herself up, trying to make this confession less painful then it truly was. "And it is the worst." Nicole placed her other hand against the door weakly. She didn't know Waverly was silently sobbing on the other side of the door.

"I also meant it when I said that as long as you want me, I'll be here for you. Whatever you want, no matter what it is..." Nicole choked on her words, regretting them before uttering them. "No matter what it is, I-I support it..." Nicole let out a sob. It was quick, but it made Waverly cringe and hate herself nonetheless.

"I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you. "Nicole admitted truthfully. "And I'm one-hundred percent. Always. "Nicole let her hand fall from the door, finally standing up on her own, despite how weak she felt.

She took another shaky breath. "Just remember that it's all your choice, whatever you want,Whatever makes you happy. That's all I care about. That's what matters, Waverly..."

With that, Nicole descended the steps of the homestead slowly, waiting for Waverly to open the door or something, anything. But Nicole made it to her police cruiser as Waverly curled into herself, head against her knees as she sobbed, the DNA results beside her.