The Start

Essence Hospital was flooding in with patients. Panic and whirlwinds of emotions was spreading like the disease that is killing most people. In one room, a patient was being held down.

Patient cried "Oh it hurts! Shit!"

Doctor ordered "Hold him down. I got a serum to help him." The patient didn't see the ones trying to help him as humans. When he sees them, their skin are dark gray, have golden eyes, fork like tongues, yet irresistible, handsome faces. He could see that they were gentlemen savages. They began to hold down the patient.

Patient asked "What are ya?" The patient was able to muster up some strength to break free. He grabbed the doctor by the neck and threw him through a wall. The patient then jumped out of the window, without realizing that he was on the third floor. He just knew that the hospital deathtrap and that he had to go as soon as he can. Before he went splat, wings busted out of his back. He then flew up high in the sky.

Patient said "Oh shit, oh shit. My gosh, what is this?" The patient took control of himself and flew with control.

Patient thought "I gotta land somewhere. See myself." He saw a nearby diner. He landed in an alley, but stumbled to the ground. He got back up.

Patient commanded "Uh alright wings get back in my uh back." The wings went inside his back slowly. The patient walked in the corner, it was crowded. The owner, a short old man with torn clothes from the accident, approached the patient.

The owner questioned "Hey are you one of those mutated freaks?"

Patient answered "Y-yeah."

"Come on I can make you a meal." 

"I-I need to use the bathroom."

"Sure I won't stop you." The patient ran to the bathroom. There was people sleeping on the bathroom floors, huddled up. They were scared, trying to comprehend on what has happened. He looked at himself in the mirror. The patient is an African American male, slightly dark skinned, has black curly, short hair, short guy, and his body is well built.

Patient exclaimed "Woah damn! I got a good looking body now. Crap my eyes!" His eyes was glowing green, shiny emerald.

Patient continued "This is actually happening. My name is Ben Matthews, I was just taking my daily walk to the store. Getting some snacks, and then boom, big fucking bright light."

One woman added "Yes this disaster happened. Just calm down, stay here and rest yourself." Ben agreed, but then pain from all over his body was tearing him apart from the inside. Large and small spikes pierced out of his body. Blood, large amounts was dripping on the floor. Ben cried and screamed. The spikes then turned into liquid and covered his body from head to toe. It hardened itself. The people in the bathroom gasped with fear.

One child said "He's like those underground people."

The mother replied "Hush child. Are you ok sir?"

Ben answered "I'm fine. It's like an armor."

The woman guessed "He must've been close to the accident."

Ben suggested "I should I should, I." He collapsed on the ground. Ben slept there for the whole night. When he woke up it was noon. The owner went to check up on him.

The owner said "Are you ok kid?"

Ben replied "What yeah."

"Ok then you can stay here if you want to. I'll protect you and the others from them."

"Woah slow down. You gotta explain to me what''s going on, but first I need a sandwich."

"Well let's  feed you then boy. By the way my name is Jack. Jack Lyons.