Chapter 16: Against All the Odds

1000 reads people AHHHHHHH!!!

The Doctor was getting shoved rather rudely down a well lit hallway of the spaceship. It confused him why they were being so rough, they had leverage so they didn’t have to worry about him acting out. Unless they knew something about their plan. The guards that pushed him along suddenly shoved him into a room that by the looks of it was a security room. They closed the door behind the Doctor leaving him alone with a Laterdine who didn’t look very happy.

“Eau was my best operative you know.” The Laterdine sighed.

The Doctor swallowed. He knew of their plan to use Eau as their own trojan horse. This would bring the Doctor back to his most primal instinct. He was going to have to start making stuff up as he went along. “Well that plan didn’t last long, which was fine considering it was a fairly awful plan. But you would know about bad plans wouldn’t you bringing me here.”

“And what do you mean by that Doctor. I am Hanji Silken leader of the Laterdine destroyer of the planet Reive. How could you do anything to harm me.”

The Doctor didn’t like to play the threatening game, but they had kidnapped his friend, hurt Rose, it was time to step it up a notch. “Because I am the Doctor, I am the soul survivor of the Last Great Time War. I am the On-Coming Storm, and the Bringer of Darkness. I am feared by the Daleks, Cybermen, Slitheen, and so many others. But what should make you really scared of me isn’t because I destroyed one planet, but because I have saved so many other against all of the odds.”

They stared at each other for a while before the Doctor continued to speak. “I will save your ship, and Sam Winchester, and every human that is threatened by your presence. But before I even think of touching a wrench you are going to bring me to Sam Winchester.”

Hanji didn’t move, but there was a faint trace of fear in his eyes. “Fine, you can see the boy. But be warned he won’t be as you left him.” Hanji handed a teleporter bracelet to him which the Doctor took and slid onto his wrist.

“I know you extracted his memories. Using technology not even the most hateful of Daleks would use.”

“That’s not what I meant.” Hanji said before pressing the button before the Doctor could even ask him what he meant.

=-=-=-=

Blood dripped through his fingers as he pressed against the wound in his stomach. He had almost stopped the bleeding. How could did this happen? He asked the only person who he could ask, himself. Why do I have to die in this box? He had given up all hope of rescue. This place he was in it had that effect like it could take whatever hope you had a suck it out of you.

Now in his time he had his fair share of torture but nothing was like being stuck inside your own head. You take for granted human interaction hearing other people voices; seeing other people’s faces. Not until you are alone truly and utterly alone, like he was now.  Like he was until the other man came, he just appeared out of nowhere.

“What the…” He recognized the voice but his mind was too jumbled to put a face with it. The man took a moment to realize wasn’t alone. “Sam? Sam is that you?”

“Who are you?” He tried to stand but fell back down, his wound still bleeding.

“What’s wrong, are you hurt?” He kneeled next to Sam.

“Who are you?” He demanded, but it came out more as a plea.

“Don’t you recognize me?”  The strange man looked into his eyes. “Sam it’s The Doctor, don’t you remember?” Still a blank stare came from him. “Remember Sherlock, Rose, Watson? “ Nothing, “Dean?” More nothing. “What did they do to you?”

“I can’t remember it. I can’t remember anything." Sam watched through heavy eyes as the Doctor moved his hand to get a better look at the wound that was still spreading blood everywhere. “I can barely remember getting stabbed but it’s just slipping away.” He was starting to get frustrated.

“Sam you have to relax alright. Your memories where taken from you and I’m pretty sure they are still being taken.” The Doctor took off his jacket to use as a pressure bandage for Sam’s wound which started to stop the flow of crimson blood. “You just have to stay with me Sam alright.”

Out of nowhere Sam got a horrible headache and pressed his palm against his forehead. “Ah, my head.”

“That’s the download taking your memories.” He took his hands from Sam’s wound and went to put them on either side of Sam’s head. Sam shoved his hands aside trying to defend himself with just instinct. “I’m not going to hurt you Sam, I just want to take down the feed connecting you to whatever is stealing your memories.”

Sam nodded letting the Doctor mind meld with him. He could feel him digging through his head then like a plug was pulled he felt whatever connection there was being undone. The headache left immediately leaving his attention fully on his stab wound. It hurt like a bitch.

“I’m leaving you images of everyone so you know who to trust.” The Doctor didn’t remove his hands from Sam’s head. And he could see pictures of everyone he knew. From his brother Dean to former army surgeon John Watson.

Then the Doctors bracelet started to glow. “Alright, Sam I have to go. Don’t panic, we will get you out of here. Keep pressure on that, and be careful.” He said before teleporting away in a beam of blue white.

“Wait!” Sam tried to scream before passing out.

So I hope that last cliff hanger wasn't to bad or this one is just as bad. Next chapter will have the rest of the characters in it. But I having been waiting for this scene throughout the entire book. Because the climax is coming guys and I do have to say. It's amazing. I mean I haven't written it yet but in my mind palace it is amazing. Also the picture for the last chapter is of Eau in her current form. And yes I know it's from Merlin. Vote, Comment, Follow (I do follow back.) 

Read the sneak peak for Lady of the Stars