Chapter 29a

written by kakashi & panda

Upon entering the meditation cave behind Mo Yuan, Shao Wan looked around with great curiosity. It was very austere just like she had always imagined and brimming with divine energy, so much of it she could feel it on her skin despite her sealed powers. But it was also much smaller than she had envisaged it, with only a round, plain meditation platform in it, a thin, uncomfortable cushion on top, an incense burner and two pine-tree shaped candle holders to the side.

"Damn Celestial, living like a monk," she thought. Well, it would have to do and she'd make sure he'd get the bruised back.

She carefully put tiny Fong Hung on the floor at the entrance, patting him on his little head, all the while feeling Mo Yuan's eyes on her every move. It must be the energy in this cave, her skin started to tingle. She stood up straight and faced him, expecting him to jump her - but he stood in front of the meditation platform, waiting.

What the hell is he waiting for, Shao Wan thought, feeling increasingly discomforted by his silence and passivity, which was so different from the last time they had succumbed to their lust. Then it dawned on her that he must be afraid to hurt her in her current state. Excellent. An honorable fool was even better than a regular fool.

"Celestial, I have a request. You know my powers are sealed", by you she added in her head.

He nodded.

"To even the playing field, I want you to temporarily seal your own powers too."

Mo Yuan hesitated ever so briefly, but complied. He performed two spells: One to set up an opaque barrier at the cave entrance and the second, his magic a blinding blue, to seal his own powers. The change in his appearance was subtle to her eyes, but he looked much more like a somewhat nervous young man rather than a powerful and ancient god with a young man's face. Only the look in his black, gleaming eyes remained the same.

"Good. And now, I want to tie up your hands."

"You want to tie-"

He was hesitating again, looking at her skeptically.

"I know you would hate to hurt me," Shao Wan quickly added, "look at me, you are too strong, even with your powers sealed."

He still seemed unconvinced.

"Consider it a token of goodwill, Celestial."

He finally nodded again.

And now for the fun part. She smiled her most seductive smile: "Take off your clothes before I tie you. You can leave your pants on."

The God of War didn't hesitate this time, but began to slowly take off his outer robe, keeping his eyes fixed on hers. He put it on the meditation platform behind him. Then, he took off his second colored robe, just as slowly. Her heart started to speed up and she swallowed hard, but she held his gaze. He undid the knot of the white robe and took it off. That, too, he placed on the platform. Mo Yuan stood in front of her in his undergarments now, plain white trousers and a white tunic.

Still, she held his gaze, but it had become difficult. Briefly, she wondered whether she was not making a grave mistake, but the thought left her head just as quickly as it had come when he shrugged out of the last piece of clothing and stood before her only in a set of very light trousers. The skin of his upper body shone golden in the candlelight and Shao Wan couldn't stop her eyes from shifting away from his face and taking in this glorious sight. All his muscles were clearly defined on his lean, perfectly proportioned body. She felt like purring. It was a martial artist's, a general's body - there were scars, like she had imagined, small ones and bigger ones. She remembered she had planned to ask him which ones were her doing and now regretted she wouldn't stay long enough for such a conversation.