Chapter 5

The sun rose up in the sky with its pride. It was hot with anger as it glared at me with all detestation. I too, from my part, glared at it. But, that burning ball used all of its superpower of hotness and launched it my direction, making me almost blind. When I thought the horrendous torture was terminated, the bloody celestial sucked all the blood - well, the water - like the juice from a lemon, out of my body.

Wiping the sweat, I shielded my eyes with my hands to protect myself from the piercing glare. Perhaps, the storm was better than this heat.

Was it the presence of someone that made the storm bearable?

I don't remember anyone’s oh-so-graceful presence.

Oh.. Don't you recall those strong arms carrying you away from the storm? And, those cold blue eyes…

All right, I get it! Now, be quiet!

And the way he looked into yours, the way his warmth…

Shut up, now!

Oh, you seem to be quite inspired by his words, don't you?

I just ignored the brat little inner voice of mine as I stared straight ahead, walking - well, practically running as I intend to win the race - but the sun above me made it as difficult as to sail the sea in an egg shell.

That sun of a beach!

I probably gave a thought to strip the another pair of my clothing but that was no fun. Why? Because there won’t be any growl coming from behind, won't be any cold gaze and indeed, there wasn't anyone behind me, guarding my derrière. Oh how I wished his cold gaze was right behind me so he could freeze the very existence of mine and save me from this bloody heat!

The heat along with boredom was eating my head up. Without Mr. Ambrose’s presence everything was unusually silent. Irony huh? Though that stone in the form of a man barely uttered a word, his presence was quite entertaining. The cold gaze of his with a slight hint of desire was refreshing. And, the way his little finger twitched everyday, oh my dear lord, it was the most amusing view. It was so much fun to tease him. But my dear employer chose to part ways for his nobody's good. Well, he should try his best not to lose because unfortunately, he had provoked the wrong person.

I looked straight as my eyes landed on the huge man walking ahead of me.

A smile crept on my face. After all, the journey without Mr. Ambrose wasn't as boring as it seemed.

I strided forward and matched my steps with the Mohammedan.

‘Who do you think would win?’

Silence.

Well, that was the reason Mr. Ambrose and Karim were so well acquainted. Indeed, they both shared the similar taste in the choice of words in a conversation - which was none.

‘What do you think, huh?’ I repeated myself wriggling my eyebrows.

He muttered something under his breath which I couldn't construe.

‘Don't you think we are born to win?’

‘I'm not sure about you.’

‘Indeed? Then tell me who do you think would win this race?’

‘The one with the manuscript.’

My smile widened.

‘Oh yes! I knew it! I knew it that you-’

Did Mr. Ambrose return me the manuscript?

Probably not.

‘-you could be nothing more than a rascal!’