Return - Prologue

*This is a sequel. If you haven't, read 'She's Gone' or you won't understand some things in this book*

Riverdale hadn't changed in those six years, not really. But I had - it wasn't a secret. I had left the town when I was eighteen, went to college and never came back, I never was planning to anyway, until now. That town had left a boy dead, and had ruined my life. Of course, it had given me things one could never forget, a best friend, my first love.

Jughead Jones. My first love. My only love really. Liam - well I don't love him yet. I wasn't even intending on swinging back into a relationship, it just happened. On the day before I left for college, Jug and I were ready to leave Riverdale, start a new life, but he accused me of one thing I would never do, cheating. The reason behind this, was that I spent so much more time with Archie than him. And that was because Jughead was so messed up with the Serpents. We fought, I stormed out and the next day I left and never came back.

So, I went to law school in Philadelphia and started my new life. But Riverdale never leaves you, not really. I'm going back for the first time in six years. Why? My dad is dead. Heart attack. So I have to go home and indulge in unwanted sympathy and finger food - even though I hadn't spoke to him in all this time.

"The town with pep!"

I hated that sign. It lied to your face. There was no pep in a murder, or an abduction. In fact, there was no pep at all. Not knowing who I would see, or what memories I would trigger, I drove into the town I once called home.

A.N - Hey my lovelies! I missed you all. It short, I know, but it's just the prologue. The core 4 are 24 now btw! Sorry about Bughead breaking up, don't hate me 😂