Blank Face

Betty POV - It wasn't the first time I'd had a gun pointed at my head. Hiram Lodge had beaten Archie to it, but it didn't make the situation any less terrifying. No way could I get out of it again, no one was that lucky. However, Archie was different. He was no killer, and you could tell how conflicted he was. For a man with a gun, there was a definite lack of confidence.

Jughead slowly grabbed my arm, attempting to push me behind his body, but Archie was having none of it. "Let go of her or I swear to God I'll blown both your brains out." He growled, wiping sweat from his brow. "Second time lucky for both of you." It was at this point that Veronica decided to speak up, cautiously moving into Archie's eyeline. "Archie... What is going on?" She pleaded.
"I-I'm sorry. I have to do this. I have to kill her." He pointed the gun more fiercely at me, and I felt Juggie's grip on my arm tighten protectively. "Archie, bro, put the gun down. I'm not going to let you shoot her."

"How sweet. Just like old times, eh Jughead? But you couldn't protect her then, could you? You couldn't save her from Ronnie's dad, hell, it was your fault in the first place." Archie's voice was bitter and cold. If words could kill. I watched Jughead's eyes fill with tears, as his head dropped to the floor. "No. No Archie, it wasn't. How can you even say that to your friend? You know full well it wasn't Juggie's fault, it was Hiram's! All Jughead's ever done is love me!" I cried out, stepping closer to my ginger friend. My boyfriend stopped me before I could get any closer, but the gun was dangerously near to my face. "What is this really about Arch?!"

For a moment, Archie's façade shattered. Exhaling quickly, his hand shook as his pupils dialated. Without hesitating, Jughead took the opportunity to push me behind his body entirely, entwining our fingers tightly. To my suprise, Archie suddenly broke down in tears, running his gun-free hand through his hair. V and I's eyes met, concern etched on our faces. She quickly hurried towards him, wrapping her arms around his muscled shoulders, letting him sobs into her hair. Slowly, Veronica removed the gun from his hand, passing is backwards to Jughead.

"I'm so sorry." Archie mumbled, as she pulled away from him. "It's my mum... They told me they'd kill her too if I didn't kill you Betty." Jughead looked back at me, confused.
"Who's 'they'?" He replied, frowning concern.
"I don't exactly know. But they were part of the attack at Pop's. I couldn't... I couldn't loose her too, after my dad." Archie sniffled, as Veronica placed a hand on his back.

Jughead let go of my hand, walking towards his friend. "Archie, you should have just told us. We can help you." He sighed, bro-hugging him tightly. And then, to my suprise, he pulled back and swung at Archie's jaw with his fist, letting him fall to the ground. Veronica gasped, as did I, but a part of me felt no remorse.

"That was for threatening Betty."