The Intervention

"Rogue, Sting needs to see you in his office💕" Frosch smiled. Rogue wanted to roll his eyes, because he was tired of doing all of Sting's paperwork, but he didn't want to accidentally hurt Frosch's feelings.

Rogue made his way to the Guild master's office. He opened the door, surprised to find the room crowded with a cross- armed Yukino, sassy looking Minerva, and grinning Rufus, Orga, and practically all the rest of Sabertooth. Sting was sitting with his feet propped up on his desk, rolling his eyes.
"Finally."

"What's going on?" Rogue crossed his arms.

"They say they have some sort of intervention, but they won't tell me unless you're here."

"Rogue, do you like Sting?" Yukino spoke gently but firmly. The two boys were taken aback.

"Yes, of course." Rogue looked to an equally confused Sting to see if he held any answers. He shrugged his shoulders.

"What do you like about him?"

Rogue dropped eye contact with Sting.
"Well, uh, we've been friends forever, together through good and bad, we spend all of our time together, and he always brightens my day."

"Sting, do you like Rogue?"

"Yeah, he completes me." Sting said simply, looking Yukino straight in the eye as if to say, 'duh'. Yukino and Minerva made eye contact.

"Yukino, what is this-"

"Why the f*** aren't you dating?" Rogue looked up in shock and blushed. Even the normally mellow Sting felt warmth on his cheeks. They made the mistake of looking at one another at the same time, which made Rogue unwittingly blush harder.

"What the hell, Minerva?!"

"No. Good question. Answer her, Sting." Yukino barked, loosing her normal sweetness.

"Whaaaa? But- wha? Huh?"

"Rogue, you have anything more coherent to say?"

"Yukino... what?

"Listen. You" she pointed to Rogue
"...are perfect for him."

"And you " Rufus joined in, pointing to Sting
"...are perfect for him!"

"But-"

"No. You two need to date." Sting and Rogue looked at each other helplessly. It was pretty impossible to argue with Yukino when she got like this.

"Yeah. Kiss." Minerva smiled evilly, putting her hands on her hips. Rogue blushed even harder still, and Sting laughed at him, then, realizing what Minerva had just said, his laugh turned into a nervous chuckle.

"Minervaaa! No! We're not going to force them!" Yukino swatted her on the arm.

"Well, what were we literally just doing?!"

"Let's just make them make a date." Orga supplied. Everyone in the room but Sting and Rogue nodded.

"Excuse me, but do we get any say in this at all?" Rogue asked, annoyed. Minerva ignored him and grabbed Rogue's phone from his back pocket.

"...hEY!"

"Yukino!" She had already grabbed Sting's desk calendar.

"Let's see... Sting is free on Saturday."

"Rogue's clear."

"It's settled then!" Everyone (again, minus the still- annoyed twin dragonslayers) cheered triumphantly, following a satisfied Yukino out of the office.

Sting and Rogue were left to pick up the pieces of what had just happened. Sting stood, and then sat, awkwardly.
"What the hell did we just get roped into?"

"Each other, ...I think. That was..."

"... pretty weird."

"Are we..." Sting looked at Rogue. Rogue looked back. Neither really knew what to say. Sting kept fidgeting in his chair.

"Should we, ehm, go on a date then?" Sting continued to look uncomfortable.

"Er, ok." Rogue spoke with the gravelly tones of a voice that hadn't been used for many years. He picked up his phone and practically sprinted away.

Sting finally released the tension he didn't realize had been building up and relaxed into his chair, defeated and confused by the surprising intervention.