Meeting her

Chapter 9

Debbie walked into the house looking a little exhausted the next morning. I was already awake but Marshall was still asleep.

"How is she?" I asked Debbie as she came to sit on the couch behind me.

"She's ok. They said she collapsed from too much stress and exhaustion. She also has a few broken and fractured ribs and her jaw is fractured, but she's ok." Debbie said and I nodded.

"Can I go see her?" I asked hopeful. But my heart broke when Debbie gave me a sad smile and shook her head.

"Sorry sweety, but they don't want her to have any visitors yet. She needs her rest and the doctors said they will let me know as soon as we will be able to see her." Debbie said and I nodded feeling some tears in my eyes. "Don't worry sweety. She's in good hands. Now why don't you go get dressed then we can get this statement behind our backs?"

"Yeah." I said letting out a sigh. I really didn't feel like doing this shit. All I wanted was for my dad to be locked away for the rest of his life. I got up and then realized that I didn't have any clothes. Damn, guess I'll have to wear the ones I wore yesterday. I didn't have them on for that long anyway so yeah.

After I got dressed I just sat on Marshall's bed and stared at my hands. What if the want me to see him and talk to him? I mean I know I'm being crazy and they won't do that but still. I was so scared and I really didn't want to do it.

"Don't cry Ky." I looked up to see Marshall standing in front of me. He bend down so that we were level and he wiped my tears away. I didn't even know I was crying until he said something.

"Sorry." I mumbled and looked at the ground.

"Don't be Ky. Are you ok?" He asked as he looked at me with concern. I shook my head and felt more tears come.

"I'm scared Marshall." I whispered and he came to sit down next to me on the bed. I rested my head on his shoulder as he put an arm around me to comfort me.

"I know you are. But I promise you that it's going to be ok." He said kissing the top of my head. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"Will you?" I asked lifting my head and looking at him with a small smile.

"Just let me get dressed." He nodded and then got up. I let out a sigh and watched as he walked over to his closet. He pulled out a pair of baggy jeans and a white t-shirt. He turned and then smirked at me. "Are you gonna sit there and watch me like that while I get dressed or?"

"Oh shit, sorry." I mumbled as I turned red and looked down at the ground.

"It's a'ight. I know I'm damn sexy. No need to deny it." I looked up at him in shock and he winked at me. I giggled and rolled my eyes as I got up and shook my head, leaving his room. Damn crazy boy!

"Are you ready to go Kylie?" Debbie asked me once I made it back into the lounge. She had Nathan in her arms, so she must have gone to fetch him while I was getting ready. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Marshall's just getting dressed real quick." I said as I walked up to her to play with Nate. He was like the cutest baby ever! Debbie handed him to me and I sat down on the couch with him in my lap as I played with him clapping his hands or playing peeka-boo with him, covering my eyes with his hands.

"Ok, we can go now." Marshall announced as he jumped over the back of the couch and landed next to me. I looked at him with a cocked eyebrow and he just gave me a huge smile. I smiled back and then he went to tickle Nate. This surprised me quite a bit. He was really starting to warm up to Nate.