Memories That Haunt Us

You sighed as you accompanied Sabo and Luffy to Ace's grave, holding a heavy keyboard in your hands. After Luffy took Sanji back, Sabo met up with the two of you. It was discussed with sad laughter that the three of you would visit Ace. And once the plan had been set, Nami and Robin folded paper lanterns for you to light once you were there. You all had something to give him. Sabo had the sake that they first had when they swore their brotherhood, Luffy gingerly held the paper lanterns that his Nakama had folded for him, and you had a song. The three of you renewed your vows with Ace, clinking your cups and drinking the sake as the sun set, casting its light onto the grave in a way that made it look like it was glowing. Around you, Luffy had meticulously placed the lanterns in a circle and as the sun finally set, Sabo lit them with his devil fruit. Sabo and Luffy talked beside you while you set up your keyboard. Well, it was more Luffy who talked. Once you finished, you coughed to catch their attention, and they immediately shut up, staring at you with wide smiles, anticipating your song. You kept your eyes on the keyboard as you inhaled, taking a deep breath before resting your hands on the keys.

"Ah, if only our voices could speak at night."
"Could ever reach the very edge of this world and time."
"Instead of fading into air and dust."

"Then what could the words ever be?"
"Farthest words from 'probably'"
"Let's make a promise, that will never fade."
"Let's say it together on the count of three, oh."

The day the four of you made your promise was the best day of your life. Just barely ahead of the day you met the three. That day, however, shone the brightest in your memory. Three thundering laughs rang through the Gray Terminal, where you lived. And then you heard rummaging right where you had laid your camp. With a sharpened stick in hand, you rushed out to defend your stuff, yelling out. "Hey! Who do you think you are?!" You waved your stick dangerously at them, "I'm going to be the Pirate King one day and y'all are going to regret ever stealing my stuff!" And, to your surprise, the youngest one, whom you later learned to be Luffy yelled right back at you, "No, I'm going to be Pirate King! How're you gonna be king anyways?! You're a girl!" Of course, the comeback had resulted in a swollen face, Luffy's, of course,  and a ruined camp, which was yours. By the time Sabo and Ace had managed to pull you apart, the sun had gone down and, looking at the sad heap of fabric you called home, the three of them invited you to go to Dadan's with them.

"Ah, I'm told that some part of every wish will be heard"
"But lately I lost sight of the truth in those words"
"I can't even remember when I gave up believing"
"What could have been the reason?"

And then you stole the sake from Dadan, made your vows, and lived happily with your new brothers. But soon after, Sabo was taken away. And, after that, he 'died'. The day Dogra had told everyone, it was hell. Luffy refused to believe anything, and Ace shut himself off completely. The three of you weren't the same for a long time. Dadan had begrudgingly allowed for the boys to stay outside, but you, she never allowed it. She kept you inside, chained if needed, which was often. "Young women shouldn't have to stay outside in that rainy weather! Leave that kind of mourning for Ace and Luffy!" She'd say whenever she caught you sneaking out. 

"Ah, the very moment that the rain will stop"
"And the place rainbows are born and die"
"And where the end of this life lies"
"I've always been insisting there was something that I've longed for"

"One day we'll reach to emotions unexplored unprecedented"
"We'll high-five love we've yet to discover and give a kiss to time"

But the night will always give way to morning, and the three of you eventually reverted back to the way you were, mostly.  Ace had promised not to die in return that Luffy promised to live strong for Sabo. And then you were back. Training, laughing, and eating together like before. And then the time came when Ace turned 17. You and Luffy waved him off, watching with bright smiles as his boat drifted closer to the horizon. And it was the same afterward too, training, laughing, and eating with Luffy. And then the two of you turned 17. Luffy's bright smile was still etched into your memory as he waved goodbye, stretching his arm across the sea to your boat to give you one last hug before paddling his fishing boat away. You yelled a final "bye!", cupping your hands around your mouth to direct the sound to Luffy and waved your arms wildly so that he could see. And you never saw him again until you ran into him at Impel Down, literally. You had exchanged jokes and laughs along the way but the mood faded when the two of you saw Ace. It was horrible. He had blood all over, yet, when Luffy and his friend had gotten him out, Ace smiled as bright as ever. And it gave you hope. And then shattered it. Once he died, you started to notice everyone else. The bodies on the floor, Whitebeard, your crew. Shanks. And then Law. You didn't remember passing out. You didn't remember anything past Ace's death and nothing before you woke up in Law's sub with Luffy's body beside you.

"The five dimensions keep on teasing me"
"But I will keep on looking at you, dear"
"Let's make a sign for when we say 'nice to meet you' again"
"I'm on my way to you, chasing after your name"

______________________________________________________________

AAAAAAAAAA This was a request from @LittlePiggy028!!!!! I'm so glad I did it -v-

The song is the English version of Dream Lanterns, by Radwimps and the video is the regular one.
I changed some of the lyrics so that it would make more sense (At least to me) but you can find the original lyrics here!
http://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/radwimps/yume-tourou/

Hope you liked it!!!