Far Away From Him

Chapter 18- A.C.T

    I stumbled forward as another explosion erupted. For a moment I saw Hunter smirking then he laughed. “You guys won’t make it! It’s too many !” Hunter said. I cursed and tried to attack him again. He dodged and the man I dueled with went to me to attack me. 2 VS 1.

/(=_=)\

Normal POV

    Akashi had detonated 18 bombs in just 4 minutes when he heard the explosion from under. His phone vibrated and he answered it.

    “Akashi-kun, it’s a trap! The whole second floor is surrounded by bombs !” Kuroko spoke, his voice cracking.

    “Wait. Don’t panic. Leave that floor, go to Ryuuki, take her out of the building and let me take care of it .” Akashi replied.

    “What!? Akashi-kun you’re crazy, you’re not goi—“ Akashi cut off the call and rushed to the second floor.

    Meanwhile, Kuroko was clueless and still standing there. Akashi never knows defeat. To him, winning is like breathing. And so he left the second floor and went to Hunter’s room, where Ryuukis is located.

Ryuuki’s POV

    I panted and backed off. Hunter was gasping for breath. The man I dueled with just now had fainted. The fight was really aggressive. I don’t know what happened but suddenly Tetsu came barging in and grabbed my arm, forcing me to follow him. “Tetsu! Wait what- what are you doing !?” I asked but followed him anyway.

    “You better come if you don’t want to die .” Tetsu told Hunter and walked away.

    “Tetsu ?” I asked. He was looking kinda depressed, his expression is inscrutable. His face was covered in wounds and such.

    “Akashi-kun will make it. Don’t worry .” he told me.

    “WHAT!? HE’S STILL INSIDE !?” I shrieked and tried to get away from his grasp. Tetsu’s grip tightened. “Tetsu! Let me go! I need to save him! Tetsu !” I screamed.

    “Stop it Ryuuki !” Tetsu snapped. I fell silent. This is the first time Tetsu got angry. I followed him quietly then. We were outside of the building afterwards. I watched the building.

    The 7th floor exploded and I clenched my fists. I cannot let this continue! I must save him.

    Suddenly a loud automatic computer voice spoke from inside of the building. “Destroying building process will be finished in 20 seconds .” the computer voice said.

    My eyes widened. From the corner of my eye, I saw Tetsu looking at me and tried to stop me when I broke into a run and rushed to the building. I need to save Akashi! I need it!

“20 ..”

    A piece of metal fell and hit my arm. I winced but kept on going. A few pieces of glass scratched my face and blood oozed out but I don’t care.

“.... 17 ..”

    Akashi! Wait for me! I ran faster and faster.

“ .... 12 ..”

    I arrived at the second floor and I saw Akashi there, sitting, leaned against the wall, blood all over his left side of his face and body, eyes closed.  Tears filled up my eyes. “AKASHI !!!!” I called out to him.

“.... 8 ..”

    I went to him. He opened his eyes slowly and winced before speaking. “Why are you here ?” his voice was weak. I cried silently and hugged him. His body felt so weak and small. Then his one hand patted my back. “Ryuuki ....” he spoke. “Don’t worry.... I de.. tonated.... all the bombs ....” he told me.