Mission Infiltration

Private Morton

"Our mission is to infiltrate the enemy territory and deprive them of all the deadly weapons they have created to capture us" Private Gram said.

That was always the correct answer to any question asked by our Commander Hanble aka Bat Vader. He gets this name because of the suit he wears that looks almost the amalgamated version of Batman and Darth Vader's suit. According to him, the suit is great for night camouflaging so if the enemy attacks at night, they won't be able to find him.

"Proud of you, Gram" Bat Vader said.

Gram is one of my comrades and we are all in training. Commander Bat Vader probably the greatest patriot in our territory is training us, newly appointed soldiers, to infiltrate the enemy territory's base and loot them of all their weapons. Usually training new soldiers for such a difficult mission takes years but our Bat Vader is so eager to serve his territory that he completed our training in just 3 months while letting us sleep for 6 hours.

He trained us all about quiet movement, team-work, hitting the target, stealing, enemy's base, and prepared us with every kind of physical requirements of the mission.

And today is the test for the final qualifications. With what we have known from our spies, we created the best army base possible with the incomplete designs so that we know that even if the real base is different, it is less hard to infiltrate in.

It was now time for the pre exam. We new appointed and, ranked soldiers were given paint ball guns. Ranked soldiers played the role of the foe soldiers who protected the base while we would try to infiltrate it. We were unaware of the base's designs while the foe soldiers are familiar with it. And if like that wasn't enough, our Bat Vader arranged for twice the amount of higher ranked soldiers than us.

Private Sean

"Alpha to Charlie. Do you copy?" I said on my walkie talkie. Each group had 3 soldiers. I and my 2 crewmates were in grave danger. While infiltrating the fictional army base, group Foxtrot was discovered and now, we were next in line. If we don't return successful, who knows what Bat Vader would do to us.

"Charlie to Alpha." I heard my walkie talkie receiving the message. "I am the only one left in Charlie. Whole group had some paintballs to eat"

Oh no. This is getting worse. None of us have gotten near the weapon room and 5 of us are already down. We must do something.

"Charlie to Alpha. What's your positioning?"

"I am in ... room 6G"

"I see you. I have a plan"

"What is it?"

"We go all offensive"

After 2 to 3 seconds, I thought Charlie was going to say no but "I agree"

I let the other groups know about it.

"Alpha to Beta, Delta and Echo. Charlie and Alpha will try to proceed to weapon room. Do you copy?"

"This is Beta. I thought Charlie is down."

"There is one left."

"This is Echo. I think we should take the risk. Alpha and Charlie are not down hasn't been discovered by the enemy. So make quiet steps."

"This is Alpha. Copy that."

"This is Delta. We are in room 5B. We need to distract the enemy."

"This is Alpha. What are the positioning of Beta and Echo?"

"This is Echo. Room 6D"

"This is Beta. Room 4F"

"This is Alpha. Beta and Delta cover Echo. Echo, move to room 6A. Alpha and Charlie will see you there"

At the same time, Echo, Delta and Beta said "copy that." This was my cue and also Charlie's. Move towards 6A.

Private Gram

I was in room 6A with Alpha and the remaining soldier of Charlie. We could hear Beta and Delta teams paintballing in room 5. And now it was our turn for action.

I aimed my paint gun on one of the walking soldiers and shot him. According to rules, one needs to be shot thrice to fall down. But since, I only shot one; the soldier immediately took cover and informed the other combatants. All the combatants in room 6 left their guarding position and turned to an offensive one.

Just what we wanted. They made us room to get into weapon section. From behind, Alpha attacked the foe soldiers. In a moment 4 were down. Charlie proceeded to the weapon room. Us, the Echoes attacked again now taking everyone, and in a minute every foe soldier in room 6 was down. Now, we and Alphas proceeded to the weapon room.

Charlie had already begun putting paint guns in the bag. We joined him. Then the walkie talkie received a message.

"This is Beta. We can't hold it for long now. Abort the room as soon as you can. Only 4 of us are left"

This was horrifying. If we leave now our mission will be a failure. If we don't, we fall down. Somebody help!

"This is Commander Hanble" Bat Vader on walkie talkie. What does he have to say now? "Remember your mission. It is to infiltrate the enemy territory and deprive them of all the deadly weapons they have created to capture us"

As weird as it would sound, it really motivated us. I worked faster now and so did Alpha, Charlie and my team Echo.

We have to succeed.

Soon, we had emptied the weaponry section and proceeded to the room5. We found both Beta and Delta, each having a man down, and from there, all of us shot our way through the danger zone and returned back to our own bases.

Private Morton

Bat Vader was giving proud of yous to everyone who survived. Then he came to me.

"The lone survivor of team Charlie. Proud of you." He said while tapping my shoulder.

"Now" Bat Vader said to everyone in his loud, hard voice "All of you go have rest. Tomorrow morning, we will march towards the weapon room and in evening, infiltrate the actual enemy base."

With that, all of us went to our camps and had a great sleep.

Next morning, even before I had woken up, I heard a panting voice calling Commander Hanble, the Bat Vader.

I rubbed my eyes and got up to my feet. The sun was starting to shine. I got out of my camp and a few feet away I saw Sergeant Risley breathing so hard that it looked like he had run a kilometre to reach here. Couldn't he talk to the commander on phone? Then, I saw Bat Vader coming out of his camp.

"What's the matter?" Bat Vader asked Sergeant Risley.

Under Sergeant Risley's heavy mouth breathing breaks, panting voice, tired tone, shocked eyes and face expressionless yet frightened, I heard him saying

"Last night, the enemy infiltrated our base and took all our weapons."

The End