Part 3

"How many more stories will you weave Arnav? To save this girl?" Subhadra Devi had enough of Khushi's praises.

"What?" uttered Arnav is disbelief. Didn't she listen to a single word he said?

"It's this girl who fed you lies. You are so blind that you are speaking what she told you to say if the situation arises. Damadji has warned me about it before hand." Answered Subhadra

Arnav narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"As far as I know, you have never met Shyam before today." Arnav tried to refresh his Dadi's memories.

.............................................

Subhadra realized what blunder she made. She decided to come out with the truth. "No. I have met him before. Damadji came to meet me at the Ashram after you threw him out. He was worried for Anjali. He told me all about Khushi. How she wanted Damadji to leave Anjali and be with her, how when Damadji refused her she made you her next target, how she has plotted against him and Anjali. He told me everything. He also told me what stories you will make to convince Anjali. It was him who requested me to be with Anjali so that this girl can't harm her. Can't you see how much Damadji loves our Anjali?"

Arnav chuckled "So that's what Shyam's planned to reenter my house."

"Dadi since your Damadji has so much love for Mrs. Jha and he is such a good husband, why doesn't he take his wife with him and stay in their own house? Didn't he tell us all, that he was building his own house for more than three years now? What happened to that?" asked Arnav.

"He can't. Anjali lives here and that is where he should live too. It's Anjali's house and what is hers is Damadji's too" countered Dadi

"Correction. It was, is and always will be MY house. I have built it with my hard earned money. This is where MY family will stay. As Mrs. Jha only needs her husband in her life, she is most welcome to leave with him and stay wherever he makes her stay."

"Arnav" Dadi warned

"Chotey" Anjali protested

"What are you saying Arnavji? Anjali Ji is your Di. She is your responsibility" Khushi tried to make Arnav see sense.

"No Khushi. The lady here is not my Di. My Di has died the day she backstabbed me. I don't have a DI anymore." Arnav said in a firm voice. There was no hesitation in it. He has meant what he said.

"Mrs. Jha if you love your husband so much, why didn't you go with him when I threw him out of the house? Why is it so important for you to bring him back in MY house? If you could meet him outside my house behind my back, why can't you move out with him?" Arnav asked Anjali in a calm voice.

"Chotey? Chotey what are you saying? Where shall we go?" Anjali asked in panic.

"Why? Ask your husband to arrange for an accommodation. If you need the contact number of a real estate agent, just tell me. I'll gladly give you his number." Arnav stopped and looked at Anjali. She was looking at Arnav in utter disbelieve.

"What's the problem Mrs. Jha? Your husband is a renowned lawyer, isn't he? He should earn enough to fend for you both. If you want to be with him, call him now. Ask him to come and get you. I'll not stop you from leaving." Arnav let Anjali know his decision.

"Fine. I'll call him right now. You too listen what he says." 

Anjali was very confident that her Shyamji will be glad to be with her no matter where they stay. She dialed Shyam's number and put in on speaker.