12.

you woke up the next morning to see daehwi beside you, still asleep. you heaved a sigh of relied for no apparent reason.

you were about to get out of bed and leave the house because you didn't want to bother him and his mother any longer.

you slowly got one foot of the bed when daehwi's hand pulled you back onto the bed, closer to him than ever. he wrapped his hands around you as he continued sleeping.

your eyes widened but daehwi didn't seem to be moving so you weren't sure what you were supposed to do. you continued looking at his face as he slept and before you knew it, you fell asleep as well.

-----

you woke up for the second time today. and again, daehwi was still sleeping, but on the other end of the bed, just like how it was when the both of you fell asleep at 11pm the previous night.

you took this chance to get out of bed and you made your way to the living room to be greeted by his mother.

"oh (y/n), leaving so soon?"

"yep, just in case my roommate worries about me to the point she calls the cops, thank you daehwi's mother," you bowed.

before you left, she stopped you.

"you know that daehwi really likes you right? are you willing to give him a chance?" her question left you speechless.

"will you?" she asked again.

"he told you that he liked me?"

"yeh, it seemed to have bothered him for quite some time so i decided to ask him what the problem was," she explained.

you nodded, understanding, "i'm not sure actually. honestly, i did like him but after he left for the show, the feeling faded, i guess? maybe it was infatuation after all, so he might get over me soon. i'm so sorry for bothering him."

she nodded and saw you out. daehwi's mother turned around after shutting the door to see her son standing in the middle of the living room, looking quite unhappy.

she went up to him and hugged him, "you were just too late, daehwi. she did like you. but if she no longer likes you anymore, you can't do much."

upon his mother's words, he cried in his mother's embrace.

because he was too late.

-----

the next day at school, (y/n) walked into the classroom with jihoon to see daehwi already in class, sleeping again.

"daehwi, why are you early all of a sudden, we're usually earlier than you," jihoon walked to daehwi's seat to ask him.

daehwi stood up and walked towards you, then whispered, "because i no longer want to be late again."

-----

jihoon had extra classes that day so you had to go back home by yourself today. while walking towards the gate, you saw daehwi there.

he stopped you, "i'm not late, let's walk back together."

you nodded, just letting him walk you home since you felt so guilty.

"what were you saying just now? you don't want to be late anymore?" you suddenly brought it up.

"yeh, i was too late the previous time. i didn't confess early enough and so you fell out of love. i don't want to be late for anything anymore, especially when it comes to you. i'm always here to wait for you, i don't want you to be waiting for me anymore. whenever you need something, i'm here. i'll wait for you to finally fall in love again. and once you do fall in love with me again, i won't be too late."

-----

hi filler chapter again bc i suck and i can't think of anything

also, the song jooheon and changkyun (mY BIAS) have, it's been stuck in my head and while writing this (horrible) chapter, i had to stop like 6 times because i had to sing to the song so i couldn't focus or remember what i wanted to type i'm so bad

also, sAMUEL'S DEBUT, YONGGUK AND SIHYUN'S DEBUT, WANNA ONE GO and aLSO I WENT FOR MUSIC BANK IN SG AND MY PCD IS SO BAD

this chapter is really short i'm sorry i'll try to make the next one longer

i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i did writing it

thank you!! <3