summary

summary

" goodbye, don't forget me "

or

In which Rhaenys Targaryen survives the sack of King's Landing.

In which Jaime Lannister finds Rhaenys moments before disaster, and he swears to protect the girl, even if it means his life.

In which Elia is killed and so is Aegon, but instead of little Rhaenys, it is the butcher's daughter.

In which when Ned Stark finds Ser Jaime Lannister upon the Iron Throne, a small child hides behind it.

In which Jaime pleads and Ned relents and they send her to the one family they know will protect her, her only family left.

In which Rhaenys Targaryen becomes Rhaenyra Sand, bastard daughter of Oberyn Martell and a forgotten whore of Old Valyria.

In which many questions are asked, and many are ignored, and the legend of the Sand Snakes grows to include not eight but nine.

In which instead of a snake, her violet eyes and fiery temper mold her into the spitting image of her parents;

Instead of a snake she is a dragon.

In which all is the same but instead of falling under Arienne Martell's spell, it is Rhaenys whom she comes to idolize and admire.

In which Jaime comes to steal Myrcella away and win back favor with his sister but instead finds something much more valuable.

In which Jaime Lannister comes face to face with the child he saved, but she is a child no more.

In which, cast out by his sister, and by his father for the loss of his hand and his abilities, Jaime Lannister sets out on a mission to fulfill his promise to Elia.

In which Rhaenys Targaryen, the Lost Princess of Westeros, and Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer and Cripple Lion, journey to the Free Cities to join her aunt's army and take back the throne that is rightfully hers.

— cast —

gal gadot as rhaenys targaryen

nikolaj coaster-waldau as jaime lannister

— featuring —

pedro pascal as oberyn martell // indira varma as ellaria sand // jerome flynn as bronn // aiysha hart as obara sand // saadet aksoy as nymeria sand // gaia weiss as tyene sand // candice patton as sarella sand

a/n okay so the story begins after jaime returns to king's landing, but before the purple wedding. basically I moved up his trip to dorne and cut everything else that happened between him returning and then leaving for dorne. also this ellaria will be ten times different than the catastrophe that was put on the show. she is a mother, kind and gentle and passionate. she legit tried to stop the sand snakes in the books from doing something like what happened on the show I don't understand how they could butcher such an amazing character.

I hope you enjoy, and if you do, please leave a vote and a comment!

dedication; ginnyweasIey , aka the reason I decided to start a game of thrones fic/series. heathens is iconic and I recommend it to anyone who wants to read a well-written, incredibly thought out book with interesting characters