|Prologue - The Panda's Origin|

The Giant Panda. A descendant of an extinct genus, the Ailurarctos, lived in China 8 million years ago and was the symbol of peace and balance. The ancestors guarding the creature were intrigued how a carnivorous mammal could have the ability to evolve it's eating habits from meat to vegetables, such as bamboo, classifying them as omnivorous and vegetarians.

     Compared to their past descendants, the Ursidae family of bears, the Panda was seen as a balance of both. In the Shangshu, a written history of the Xizhou Dynasty, the panda was described as an invincible animal and as strong as a tiger.

     At that time, when an army raised a flag with an image of the Zouya or Panda during the battle, they would stop the fighting immediately and a temporary peace would ensue. The Chinese people adore the panda. Many people revere it as a symbol of good luck. The panda's calm demeanor was a demonstration of how, when balanced, the yin yang were harmonious and peaceful.

     However, the harmony between worlds did not last as long as the ancestors wanted.

     During the ancient times when the animals were sacred creatures, rulers began to take advantage of their power. Each animal was connected to a Miraculous and Kwami. Miraculouses are magical jewels. Worn as jewelry, they have the ability to change their wearers with the help of Kwamis, into animal-themed, super-powered beings.

     There was once a princess in ancient France who was gifted with the ability to hold the Wolf Miraculous. In spite of her goal to defend her kingdom from opposing enemies, she began to feed in her addiction of the transformation. The Guardians had no choice but to strip away her power and separate the Miraculous from the Holder.

     With the the knowledge of its capabilities, other rulers began using the gift as a curse on others, reeking havoc on both good and bad and only benefiting themselves. Their selfish choices drove them mad and wanting to satisfy their hunger for power, it led them to steal and kill other Holders for their Miraculouses.

     The first two Miraculouses of existence, the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous, were in danger of being stolen by the selfish hearts of man. In order to seal the fate of the two Kwamis, the Guardians created another Miraculous to protect the two and keep them in balance: The Panda Miraculous. With its ability to bring stability and peace, the jewelry they created was a belt to surround the earrings and ring as a shield. If either Miraculous were to be stolen or close to corruption, it would trigger the purpose of the Panda Miraculous into existence.

     Very few Holders were chosen to wield the powerful jewelry because of how well it was at protecting the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous without needing a Holder.

     Everything was peaceful, until one fatal day when the Guardians fell. The Order of the Guardians existed for many years, inhabiting a temple that comprised of multiple buildings, was located in a mountain range somewhere in China, where the inactive Miraculouses were kept.

     However, when Wang Fu, the last remaining Guardian, was young, he made an unspecified mistake that resulted in the temple being destroyed, the Moth Miraculous, Peacock Miraculous, and Miraculous spellbook being lost as well. Wang took the remaining Miraculouses in the box, and he has kept watch over them by himself since then.

     Seeking safe haven in Paris, Wang Fu found two suitable Holders of the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous. He entrusted the two to keep people safe in the city and to one day retrieve the lost Miraculouses. Fearful of losing the rest of the Miraculouses, Fu sent two of them, including the Panda Miraculous, to Italy, where they will be guarded by a close friend of his. The rest of the Miraculous he safely kept.

     Wang Fu, waiting patiently, hopes one day all the Miraculous will reunite and fight for the greater good for there will be a much worse villain than those currently came across.

     With the Panda Miraculous kept hidden in Italy, Fu knows that one day, a suitable Holder will wield its power and continue to protect the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous from corruption along with the rest of the Holders.

》》》》》

The Aria of a Panda

A Miraculous Ladybug Fanfiction

Enjoy and happy reading!

-Marie