Première

PREMIÈREbirds and bees

It was a year ago; Same day, same month, different year.

"They're twenty; dropped them off at your usual point." Chanyeol arrived and dropped off Kyungsoo a reminder; his left arm and head peeking out of his truck window.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was on his shipped Korean newspaper and Maui Jim sunglasses that he liked to sport outdoors; and it turns out really ridiculous most of the time. Chanyeol don't have a taste for Kyungsoo's distaste; he's been around it since high school. Maybe just the glasses, but most of what's left in him is really likeable. He's smart, he's persuasive, he's beautiful, he's adorable, and probably earned the best smile ever award.

"Kyungsoo, the tourists don’t look like they'll participate on to jumping on gummy bears. It's Africa, not Willy Wonka's." Chanyeol approaches, seeing the lesser out of Kyungsoo who wasn't paying attention of his work's punctuality. "Oops, I remembered. They do have tour guides too."

"Ah-yeah! Sorry, I'm on it." Kyungsoo snaps, slamming his newspaper at the foldable table at his right. He then stood up quick and started jogging to the nearest tourist spot.

Chanyeol slowly chases him by the wheels, smirk aligned in his mouth as he peeks out even more. "It'd be faster if you'd throw your bum in to my ride."

Kyungsoo looks at him, and looks back at the distance; two large eyes squinting but weren't small enough from the sun's extreme light. "I'd like you to rephrase that. But, okay. That would be better."

"You've been like this every day. Since─" Chanyeol asks as he turns the steering wheel carefully as they got in to the rocky road. Sunlight gleaming in and out of their window as they passed through matter of trees and post sign warnings; banners and heat waves overwhelming the sight of the day.

"Don't mention it. That's too ridiculous." The tour guide blocks him off; seemingly he didn't want to talk about the topic.

"I know that's ridiculous. But why?"

Kyungsoo sighs, averting his eyes away from the driver. "Because that's too funny to think of. But I can't deny that that was real. Like reality tv, but without scripts of course." He added, tucking himself like it was cold.

It all happened last week when Chanyeol and him spent the rest of a night to watch the movie Chanyeol wanted to see from a very long time now, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. He dragged in Kyungsoo to it as he didn't want to watch it alone. Kyungsoo constantly denies that he won't enjoy it and just might rather annoy him by sleeping, but he eventually got himself a spot besides his friend in front of the television.

"Plug it in for me." Chanyeol asks, hugging his pillow tightly.

"Why me?"

"Because I want to see everything from start to end. You said that you're not interested anyway."

Kyungsoo sighs and crawls to the DVD at their far front, opening the case with his fingernails and placing in the movie. It wasn't much of a long night preparation; popcorn on floors and a couple of soda cans on laps. "I think I wouldn't really cry." Kyungsoo noted, sweater covering him at the low celcius air conditioning that dwells on African nights.

"Okay, man. I believe you. Now shut up, the movie’s starting."

Few lines here, few lines there; sci-fi bright flashes and throwback glares, Chanyeol suddenly felt warmth in his shoulders. As he looks back slowly at Kyungsoo, his friend was already curling up his fingers in his shirt and wiping it to his crying eyes. He didn't how to react at that time; the bravery of Kyungsoo all flushed away within twin hours.