The fall of man

The fall of man

It didn't take long for the world to turn to Hell, but when it did it was all for one reason,oil. Ever since the shortage of natural fuels,oil and gasoline have became a commodity that we as humans were willing to kill for. The war is what killed most of us, And the radiation is what turned what's left of us into "Whispers",humanoid figures that kill anything in sight, that's why nightfall isn't safe for anyone. If anyone is to blame it's the Australian government that dropped the three 1,000,000 megaton bombs that turned the entire eastern hemisphere into what we call the dunes,nothing more than sand and death. The bombs also meant the fall of other countries. Europe fell first, then Asia, now here. My name is Bain Walker and this is my story.

Journal entry 1. 1/17/16

When the world changed

We all panicked when it happened. I was at my home 10 miles near sydney australia fixing up my dad's old truck. When the news reporter on tv said that the city had just been hit with biochemical weapon that would kill everything within a 5 mile radius which meant my wife and son were dead. The first thought that came to mind is "this can't be real" so out of insanity I went to the bathroom to try to have a overdose but I couldn't find any painkillers but all I could find was an old boxcutter so out of anger I started slashing the blade against my wrist and arms, each time I did it a dark crimson liquid slowly poured out of each cut i thought to myself "A life without them is not a life I want" I was happy knowing the fact that I was moment away from death. Then outside three giant booms shook my house tearing pictures off the walls. I got in the tub as more blood rushed from my body more rapidly. Then I began to see a bright tunnel with a strange figure at the end. Then the curtain closes and my world turns to night.

Journal entry 2. 1/20/16

When I awoke

I woke up in my house three days later wondering how I survived, maybe I had passed out due to blood loss? but was once a polished bathroom is now a small room full of sand and broken glass. "What had happened". The house that I once owned is now a structure held up by burnt wooden pillars. In the middle of what was once a living room was my old biker jacket from when I was twenty I slipped it on so at least I could cover up my cuts. I put my hands into my pockets and in my left pocket there were two cylinder like objects. I pulled them out and it turns out that they were some shells to my old double barrel that I gave to my

dad for his birthday. why would these be in my jacket? Then I realized that not only the bombs had destroyed the neighborhood I lived in, but that my dad had disappeared.

Journal entry 3. 1/20/16

1st whisper encounter

I remember little information about myself before the bombs fell. But what I did remember was that I was last with my dad in the garage. When I walked to the garage to see if he was in there but all I heard was a faint whisper. Then suddenly something was rising out of the sand in the garage doorway. The creature stood before me gazing at me with a pair of sleek black eyes and in its gaping mouth is what look liked a piece of my father's shirt. It had outstretched arm and legs resembling like a support for its large structure it was saying some distorted words almost like a whisper. It started to show razor sharp teeth almost resembling a smile. It got up on its two feet and started to charge at me. At the time I was still suffering amnesia but I remembered that a shotgun was hanging in my dad's truck. I ran for it and with my luck I was able to get it without the creature getting within grasp reach. I quickly grabbed it and tried to locate the two shells for it. They must had fallen out of my pocket while I was running. Out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the shells laying gently on the concrete floor near the pile of sand that the creature had risen out of. I ran for the shell but I wasn't fast enough the creature had grabbed the lower part of my leg. I quickly turned my body and used my open leg to kick the creature's torso pushing it back. I was then able to load the shotgun with the single shell that I had picked up. I aimed straight for the creature's head and with my experience in the military I had good chances of killing it. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger and with a loud crack the creature's head exploded. Flesh and a strange black liquid went everywhere, some even staining my clothes.only now did I notice that this thing killed my father but that it was my father.

Journal entry 4.

1/21/16

Suiting up

Now since I had little protection against these "whispers" other than an empty shotgun. I'll have to find a weapon. I was sure that the old police station might provide some weaponry for my own protection. I had to walk since I had no vehicle. Once I made it there it was sunset. It was probably best if I stayed there for the night. The place had an open armory for some reason. I had found an standard police assault rifle with about 4 mags. In a supply cabinet there was a machete with some signal flares anything I was able to use was good for me. In the pantry there were two cans of peaches along with one can of pork and beans. The garage was the one place I didn't check due to what happened in my own garage but to my luck there was an untouched police buggy with a full tank of gas. I went to the office back inside the buildings but to my surprise there was a whisper standing behind the sheriff's desk. To my luck it didn't see me which gave me two options. One kill it, two walk away. I took option one and put one round straight into its forehead it fell back with the black ooze pouring out of the wound on its body there were a set of buggy keys. So I started the buggy and headed off to my friend Ryan's house. Ryan was a doomsday expert, he had built a fallout shelter in case this scenario were to happen.

Journal entry 5.

1/22/16

Revelations

On the way to Ryan's I had to pass through a city tunnel and since the electricity was off it was pitch black. I rolled up the windows so I could avoid attention and I slowly drove through it on the end there was a military checkpoint I stopped the buggy and got out which was probably the worst mistake I made since I left my gun in the car. Behind was a whisper waiting to strike I didn't see it until it had impaled my stomach it entire arm had gone through me. I fell to the ground clutching my stomach with both of my hands. Before I blacked out I heard what sounded like gunshots but I wasn't sure due to the fact I was dying I saw a woman like figure in the corner of my left eye but it faded once I say the body of a dead whisper fall next to me then my vision started to go black and just like that i was gone