Chapter 1 - The Pirates

Charles paced around his study aboard the exquemelin, Cat was sat reading through some blueprints and called over to him, "I think I figured our power problem out!" He glanced her way showing her she could continue, "We simply need to reroute power from the hydroponics farms and port it towards the engines." Charles pondered it a moment before replying with "Wouldn't that leave our hydroponics too hot?" Cat looked toward the ground defeated.

Knight entered the room in her loungewear, "You could just build an extra generator using the fabricator?". Charles laughed, "She likes to challenge herself! Has done for years." Cat threw a pen at him which he caught and twirled around his fingers before tossing it back, "I'm off to the range, coming with?" Knight gave him a stern look, "Leave the smart ones to talk dear" with that Charles left the room and headed downstairs to the range.

"Who does she think she's talking to?!" Charles shouted at no one in particular before letting off a mag down range, throwing the pistol up in the air and drawing a mag from his holster and catching the gun loading it at the same. "Bet she can't do that" he chuckled to himself holstering his pistol. "Gordon, Let the bots loose," four doors slid open around the range "As you wish, sir. Synth units have been dispatched with live ammunition" Charles pulled his hood up before smiling and running towards the synths blades engaged.

Meanwhile back in Charles's office, Knight and Cat were in a heated discussion about the problems with the engine room. "How could you want to turn the hydroponics off? We need those plants to breathe here! Because last I checked someone broke the oxygen scrubbers!!" Cat shouted, Both heard a bang distant in the ship. "Oh I bet that's the gorilla breaking those synths again." Cat sighed before walking out of the room "I'll talk to him"

Charles burst into the cockpit leapt over the central console and belted up in the pilot's seat.

"Everybody buckle up! It appears that we found some interdimensional pirates! First time for everything right?" Cat pushed Charles out of the pilot's seat and shouted for him to get suited up, Charles simply smiled and ran off to the armoury then down the stairs to the cargo hold.

Knight chuckled "I love watching him do crazy shit, Reminds me of this guy I once knew, Oh what was his name? Deacon? No.... Ah Desmond!" Cat sparked up her imbedded radio,

"Charles Darling you ready for a time walk?" The reply was hilarious "I thought you were beaming me over?" Cat simply opened the cargo doors and Charles flew out the open door, drew his pistol and shot through the enemies cockpit shield and slipped through the gap rolling and landing on his feet as his mag boots engaged. "Hey fellas, Hows things?"

Charles sidestepped a blaster shot, Laughed loudly and stabbed the captain through the throat with his hidden blade, "Fellas, Fellas you can make it out of this alive, Or you can fire again, Anyone who wants to live drop their weapons." No one did "Don't say I didn't warn you" Charles pulled the pin on a stielhandgranate which was on the captain's belt, twirled around and threw the dead captain into the group of space pirates that were taking cover behind the central console. "Hey Cat? How much of the ship do you need intact?"

Back on the exquemelin Cat was in the cargo hold preparing her tools to salvage the ship when Knight stopped her "You know we have a hangar right?" Cat heard an explosion through her embedded radio "Charles you good?" The reply was sombre "Not exactly, Oh wait you meant the combat? Stupid question really, so how we dealing with this hunk of junk?" Knight laughed and tapped some commands into a console near a nondescript door before opening it and smiling at the huge ship now inside what used to be the cleaning cupboard "I must warn you Charles might be a little ill after getting teleported into another dimension" Charles stumbled out of a hole in the cockpit and fell 2 stories and landed on his back. Cat laughed and went over to help him up "Come on you big bastard! You've fallen from higher than that. Let's get Gordon to have a look at you"