You... Party?

There's a 75% chance I'll be updating again today since I think it'd be fun to write about the games and junk they'd play next chapter. But for the time being, just enjoy the Boyf Riends.

"Oh my goodness, you're here!" Christine squealed as she took in my appearance. Bax leaned on the doorframe, already annoyed with everything. The girl had glitter on her cheeks and her hair done up into mini space buns. As we made our way into the house, Bax so close to me that it seemed odd, I was already ambushed by Michael who looked out of place in the whole social scene.

"I didn't think you'd come," Michael laughed nervously, running a hand through his hair with his gaze constantly flickering towards Jeremy. Jeremy sat, talking to Brooke and Jenna, the two girls on either side of him, begging for something. Michael quickly stopped fidgeting as I noticed Bax giving him a look.

"Um, hi?" He greeted, but his anxiety made it sound like a question.

Surprisingly, Bax smiled, holding out a hand, "I'm Bax, Y/N's friend."

Michael latched onto his forearm, shaking it firmly despite being anxious and uncomfortable in the social situation. "Is it okay if I talk to Y/N for a little bit, I just- I'm sorry, it's just-"

Bax surprised me again, "No worries, kid. Go ahead, I'll be over by the snack table."

Why are you being so nice?

He just looked back at me on his trek to the snack table with a blank face. My mind went back to his comment about Michael the first time I went to this school. It felt like forever ago, but the impact felt different. It irked me, and I could feel moths, not butterflies, flitting around in my stomach and making it's way up my throat.

"Christine said there was supposed to be more people, but most of them couldn't make it's so now it makes matters worse," Michael vented, tugging at a lock of hair that fell in front of his forehead.

"And how were matters before?" I asked calmly.

He made gestures as if it was obvious, "Now trying to avoid Jeremy is going to be harder."

We both looked at Jeremy, he looked very uncomfortable, but it looked as if he was being shocked with new information as he kept tripping over his sentences and restating them but with more confidence. Definitely the Squip's doing. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to like this Squip guy, but if it was hurting Michael, then I was against it.

"I'm sure you've got something up your sleeve," I consoled. Soon after my statement, I realized something glinting in his sleeve. It was red.

"Umm, what is that?" My hand pointed discreetly towards Michael's arm. He noticed what I was looking at, slipping it down a little so I could get a better view.

It was a long and thin capsule with a red and bubbly liquid in the container. Soda, maybe?

"This is Mountain Dew Red," The boy with red hoodie informed. "I was thinking of slipping it into the punch so people with Squips could de-squip for the night. But I think there's a whole consent issue."

I chuckled, placing my hand on Michael's shoulder. "If I am being controlled by some weird robot and you want to get it out, please Michael, don't ask for consent."

"But-But what if people want to have it," he stuttered. "It's not my decision. But they look so unhappy so I'm conflicted."

I mulled it over. Consent always mattered, no matter who you were, but personally in this whole situation, I say screw it.

"Do it," I pushed. "We'll see if it was bad or not, but in the end, its better for everyone's mental state."

Michael nodded and stalked off quietly and quickly to the table, doing what he had intended to do since the beginning of the party.

Bax saw this as his cue to come back and conversation with me.

"That kid needs a friend right now," Bax commented. I frowned, yes I was thankful he wasn't scolding me for any rash decisions, but his kindness towards Michael was something new to me. He's never nice to people he first meets. He wasn't nice to me.

But I tried to dismiss it, because the person who definitely deserved the most attention and love at the moment had to be Michael. He's been through so much already.

"Did you get a snack?" I asked. He nodded, flashing me his pocket that was filled with sour patch kids. "Did you get me anything?" I asked jokingly.

The blond pulled out a ziplock bag of my favorite candies, handing them to me with a smile, "How could I forget?"

I returned a grin, the both of us just talking and eating together without caring for once about how we'd effect the story.

The moment was short lived though as Rich came down the stairs, bouncing and absolutely bursting with excitement as he started throwing outfits at people. I had expected the people, Jake, Jeremy, Chloe, Brooke, And Jenna, to get angry. But they didn't, instead Jeremy asked Rich in his awkward voice that hadn't made an appearance for so long what was happening.

"W-What is this?" Jeremy picked up the outfit, showing off that it was sweatpants and a shirt.

Michael was the first to react, "It worked," he breathed.

Jeremy looked over to where Michael was standing, eyes wide and mouth agape as he made his way over to Michael who was tearing up. We all stood silent, letting the scene play out.

"I'm so so so so sorry," Jeremy's hands struggled to find a place to hold. They ran up and down Michael's arms, in his hair, then finally finding their way to his face. "Did he hurt you? I didn't- I didn't mean anything I said. Is it gone? I'm so sor-"

Michale just grinned, chuckling as he placed a kiss onto Jeremy's lips carefully.

Jeremy didn't pull away, blushing vividly as he was so confused but seemed like he enjoyed it none the less. Bax let out a whoop of joy, followed by Christine who was squealing. I clapped frantically, enjoying the moment.

"Let's just have fun, forget about everything and just focus on the party, yeah?" Michael negotiated. Jeremy just nodded dumbly, still affected by the kiss.

A round of applause and celebration rang out through the house. I nudged Bax, "Told you there would be some Boyf Riends." Bax didn't answer only shaking his head and wolf whistling as Jeremy was still a deep red but kept his hand connected with Michael's.

"What are you guys doing?" Rich asked sassily. "I gave you pajamas, this is turning into a pajama party. Everyone change, stat."

Jake stood behind him, giving everyone a look that said 'I dare you to do otherwise.'

So we did as told and the slumber party commenced.