Chapter 32 - Tabloids

Daesung was stepping out of the shower in his personal apartment. He had a towel wrapped around his waist when he stepped out into his room, only to spot his manager sitting on his bed as if it were his own. Daesung jumped a little back in shock and held a hand over his fast beating heart at the sudden appearance of his manager who wasn't supposed to be there until later on in the day. His manager however, hadn't even noticed his entrance since he was so glued to his phone, scrolling the screen with his thumb while his face conjured into one of absolute confusion. 

"What are you doing here?" Daesung asked running an extra towel through his hair. "My schedule doesn't start until twelve." He says checking his phone to see if he had the correct time on it.

"No, we have to get yourself ready for the beginning of your schedule." He looked up and stared at Daesung. "Have you heard from President Yang? I've been calling him but, of course he doesn't answer when the matter is important."

Daesung looked at him confused. "President Yang hasn't called me. I haven't talked to him for a week or so. And what's so important? Did something happen that I didn't know about? Does it have something to do with you?"

"This has nothing to do with me." He scolded towards Daesung. Daesung guessed the matter was serious. "Here." He handed Daesung his cellphone. "Read it out loud."

Daesung took the phone and sighed. "If you say so." He said looking down at the phone. "Big Bang member Kang Daesung was spotted last night in a popular restaurant among famous idols and actors, located in South of Seoul. Photos come to reveal the idol having dinner with a rookie model from YGK+. Rookie model, Jung Catalina who caught the eyes of the public with her unique outer look as well as her tanned skin, was seen on the night out with fellow member of Big Bang, Kang Daesung. Fans are already speculating that the two are dating while other resources claim them to be just good friends." Daesung looked at his manager with a serious expression. "Was it really necessary to point out her tanned skin."

"What are you going to do?" He asked Daesung who seemed not at all concerned for such accusations pointing towards him. "Are you really dating her?"

Daesung walked over to his walk in closet where he entered to put some clothes on. "I am." He said without hesitation. 

"Daesung, you know it's very important that you watch what you say. Especially because it could hurt your career, as well as the model's career. She's still a rookie and dating you could cause some mishaps on her side of her career." He informed.

Daesung stopped for a second while pulling his shirt over his body. His manager did have a point. Big Bang did have a lot of fans and he himself did too. If this were to go south, this could only hurt Lina in the process. He didn't want that for her but he still wanted to date her. Even if it was the request of the CEO. He always found himself wanting to hang out with Lina. She was the coolest person he has ever met and despite the fact that she could get hurt, he doubted it would actually happen.

"Nah, she'll be fine. Besides, just from being caught out to dinner with Lina, doesn't prove the fact that we are dating. If anyone were to act upon it, I wouldn't care too much because they don't know anything." He smiled confidently. "Let's go."

Daesung made his way out of the room and towards the front door where he began slipping on his shoes to head out. His manager followed behind him giving him odd looks from his answer about dating Lina. He didn't find it odd that Daesung was dating, he found it odd he was dating someone who was still fresh to the celebrity world. He figured Daesung must have really liked her for him not to be too bothered about it.

"We have a few things to do today which is why I came early, so you could get your hair done and then head to the company to pick up your sponsored items before your schedule." He informed Daesung as they climbed into the elevators to head down to the van.