Chapter 1

"Mom, I feel sick, take my temp-er-ature.", I said to my mom again for the ninth time this month. "Again?!?! What's going on here? You've got to be joking. I'll get it anyway." My mom reached up high into the cupboard and got down a thermometer. I didn't know how she could do that without using a chair. I wondered if she was half giraffe. She sat down softly next to me on the couch. I opened my mouth and put my tongue up and she slid the thermometer right in. I waited, and waited, and continued waiting for 3 minutes. The theremometer finally beeped. My mother took it out of my mouth. She bent her head down to look at it and gasped. I bent over scared at how she had gasped. It was like when you had just been punched in the stomach and needed breath. She showed the theremometer, 115 degrees. She hurridly got her shoes on, picked me up like when I was a baby, and furiously drove me to the hospital. We rushed in, or atleast my mother did. She told the secretaries everything. I was to confused about the whole thing. My head was spinning from the fast pace. The secretaries told me to get into a wheelchair. I didn't have any clue why nor my mother or the secretaries would let me walk. As soon as I got into the wheelchair, I had been moved to a room where there was a cylinder type x-ray and a bed. As I went into the room the doctor that had just came had told my mother to stay out. I got up onto the bed as I was told to. I couldn't believe I could still understand and process all the instructions that were given to me. As I lay down on the bed, it started moving slowly in and out of the cylinder. The room I was in was so silent. It wasn's soundproof though. I heard the doctor say lots of information to my mother. But there was one that made my heart sink. "We have seen this many times. Mostly in one of our more often cases. Cancer." I tilted my head up to look at my mom. She was upside down to me but I could still see that she sobbed histarically, and almost fell over. I probably would've fell over myself if I was standing. I wasn't completely sure that the doctors and technitions knew that the room wasn't sound proof. I couldn't move so I just stayed there. Letting the thought that I probably have cancer sink into my mind.