Chapter 11: 1 of 20 Questions

What is she so busy with on her phone? Camila can't help but get intrigued as to why her supervisor is so busy texting someone. It's their normal day in the office, but Lauren's not in her typical state.

Like the state where she's constantly noticed by the architect. Or the state where Lauren can't keep her eyes off her. Or the state where Lauren's attention is solely on her. That's the state she's been missing.

She irritatedly brushed off the thought and odd feeling inside her and tried to focus on her work. She TRIED. But it really bothers her that Lauren haven't said anything other than the greeting earlier this morning.

While Camila is busy figuring out what's happening to her supervisor, Lauren is busy answering Ariana's questions about the house. The petite girl is apparently left alone in the house without knowing what to do. She grew up very pampered, so she doesn't know anything about household chores. Even about a simple cooking.

Very like Camila. And this thought made her smile as she glanced to her intern who she caught already staring at her.

"What?" Lauren asked with a chuckle as she brought down the phone to give Camila her full attention.

This is what Camila has been asking for, but now that Lauren is giving her full attention to her she got shy immediately.

"Uh, no-nothing." She stuttered and went back to her work in the table. Lauren looked at her confusedly but ignored it.

She went back to her phone to reply the struggling Ariana, asking how to use the vacuum. Lauren told her to just wait for her or Normani, but the girl insisted to help. It's actually counterproductive but Lauren appreciated how Ariana wanted to make an effort.

Effort, she smiled stupidly again as she remembered Camila again. She glanced back to the intern and furrowed her brows, noticing Camila is staring at her again. Now, the intern held her state.

"Okay, you're creeping me out. Is there something you want to talk about?" She asked, putting her phone to her back pocket.

"Nothing. Just admiring the sight." She said smoothly as an excuse, making Lauren blush stupidly. But really, Camila is getting irritated to whoever Lauren is texting to.

"Didn't know you're that smooth Cabello." Lauren bantered back with a stupid grin in her face as she contain herself internally screaming. Camila always knows how to charm her.

"Just stating facts though." Camila commented as she went back to her work. She smiled proudly, noticing how Lauren blushed with her compliment. She soon stopped thinking about who her supervisor is texting with. Probably about work, she assumed.

"I'm bored." Camila groaned in her seat and set aside her paper works. Those can always wait, anyway.

"Same here." The architect chuckled and both of them thought about what to do in their remaining 15 minutes before their time out.

"I'm thinking, what about we do 20 questions? We never really had the time to get to know more about each other." Camila suggested.

Lauren thought about it and nodded in agreement. She sat next to her. Very close but who's complaining?

"Okay, you first." Lauren suggested.

"Okay," she started. "Do you like me?" She asked with a straight face, surprising Lauren. The architect's eyes widened and gulped audibly.

Before Camila could take back her question which was supposed to be a joke, Lauren spoke again. "Yes." She answered simply.

The two of them blushed as they stared at each other. A comfortable silence as Lauren and Camila just smiled sweetly like stupid high schoolers.

"Okay, my turn." Lauren stated after a long pause between them. She moved closer to Camila, making the girl blink twice or thrice in nervousness. Lauren's dangerously too close, but she's not complaining though.

"Do you like me?" She asked the same question with a little bit of rasp, making the girl go insane. She's internally screaming right now just like how Lauren felt.

But before she could even say a word, Lauren's phone rang, signaling a call. Lauren groaned as she took the phone and when she saw Ariana's caller ID, she immediately excused herself. Even though how much she wants Camila's answer, she have to attend to this call.

Camila groaned in her chair, instantly missing Lauren's presence. They're very close and she was hopelessly expecting for something romantic to happen between them.

Now, her cloud nine feeling is replaced with irritation and frustration. But knowing that Lauren confessed that she likes her, her mood is confusingly between being too happy and too irritated.